Who is going???
    "BACK IN BLACK"
    1987 BMW325is
    #66 ITS
    Atlanta Region SCCA

Looks like the ITS guys are afraid of Barber!! Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

I'm towed out and tapped out. Too many races this year....so focusing on the SIC. Love Barber but it is a 10-11 hour tow for me.

Mark, how's your car???? Shoot me an e-mail at jeffdotyoung@usdotabbdotcom. Was hoping to talk to you some about what happened at Charlotte.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    Looks like the ITS guys are afraid of Barber!! Chuck
    NOT AFRAID ... NO CAR!

Major Damage on White Car from Sunday Race at Charlotte to be repaired.... Engine out of Black Car at machine shop being rebuilt...
    "BACK IN BLACK"
    1987 BMW325is
    #66 ITS
    Atlanta Region SCCA

The Japanese Battle Cruiser and I will be there. Although I think the clutch is slipping, which may make for yet another abbreviated weekend. We'll see.

Would be nice to have a problem free weekend, but then again it's still a new car with all the teething issues that come along with it.

Look forward to seeing everyone.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

I will be in worker whites this weekend and hope to see you guys there. And Chuck, I have 2 blown tires on the trailer and no tires for the race car after waxing the Alabama region in the North/South autox challenge. I hope to make the ARRC if some $$$ pour in next month
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

I had planned on going......Had the car loaded, truck packed, and was ready to ride.

Then My Mother in Law ( who is living with my wife and I ) had a bad reaction to some "NEW" medication that the Doctor decided to try on her ( Like she is some type of "lab rat" or something) So, we had to rush her to the ER on Wedensday afternoon. Then today she coded and had more complications because of her medications that they administered....... Now I understand why they call a Doctor's profession a "Practice"

So, if any of you out there wouldn't mind saying a few kind words to our maker for my Mother in Law for me it would surely be appreciated.

Wow, RB...very sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope she feels better very soon. Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq

That was an interesting weekend. Raced on Saturday.

"Raced" probably isn't the right word to use since I was beat by everyone on the track. I was beaten so badly I felt like a foster child (no offense to any foster children or families out there). Heck I was so slow I am pretty sure I saw a "Barber Dairy Truck" pass me at one point.

The only bright spot for me was the start.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61AlwfGvKX4[/ame]

Sunday, everyone knew the rain was coming. I sat out qualifying to see if it would stay dry. No such luck. So I withdrew. Still no rain tires, and quite frankly I am not sure I would have wanted to go out regardless.

I have to admit, I am discouraged enough to start looking for a new hobby.

Ricky, sorry for your mother in law's health issues. Hope she gets better quickly.
    Last edited by Tristan Smith; 09-05-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Tristan Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    Don't. We all have bad days. And its a new car on a new track.

I for one love racing enough to be humiliated and humbled and paupered by it and still come back for more as soon as I am able.

Just sit in your car late one evening and wait for November!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
    I had planned on going......Had the car loaded, truck packed, and was ready to ride.

Then My Mother in Law ( who is living with my wife and I ) had a bad reaction to some "NEW" medication that the Doctor decided to try on her ( Like she is some type of "lab rat" or something) So, we had to rush her to the ER on Wedensday afternoon. Then today she coded and had more complications because of her medications that they administered....... Now I understand why they call a Doctor's profession a "Practice"

So, if any of you out there wouldn't mind saying a few kind words to our maker for my Mother in Law for me it would surely be appreciated.
    Going through the same thing with my mother and father. I took my mom to the doctor with my dad and the whole ordeal wore out my dad enough that he passed out and fell. So a visit to the hospital was in order. I'll say a prayer for your mother in law.

Rick, sorry to hear that man.

Tristan, car looks and sounds good. Is it down on power? Still rusty? Combination?

I agree that the times have looked disappointing (no offense) and make me wonder about the one I have in my shed awaiting a build....

I've raced with you a long time and know you know what you are doing (far more than me since you have the sense to race Japanese stuff). What do you think the issue is??

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    That was an interesting weekend. Raced on Saturday.

"Raced" probably isn't the right word to use since I was beat by everyone on the track. I was beaten so badly I felt like a foster child (no offense to any foster children or families out there). Heck I was so slow I am pretty sure I saw a "Barber Dairy Truck" pass me at one point.

The only bright spot for me was the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61AlwfGvKX4

Sunday, everyone knew the rain was coming. I sat out qualifying to see if it would stay dry. No such luck. So I withdrew. Still no rain tires, and quite frankly I am not sure I would have wanted to go out regardless.

Ricky, sorry for your mother in law's health issues. Hope she gets better quickly.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Tristan, Barber is a hard track to get right. One of the harder ones to learn and feel comfortable going fast. (Well at least for me). So, I wouldn't get too discouraged. Also sounds like the war wagon's gearing isn't the best for that circuit.

Not sure, Jeff.

Probably a combo of me and the car. You definately feel the weight of this thing. When I look at the videos, it's looks like I am driving rather lackluster, but it feels like I am having to really work to keep the car under control from behind the wheel.

The power is ok, but hardly class leading. The handling is ok, but still not very nimble.

Or it could be all me.

The one thing that I will say is that I got to slide the car around a bit this weekend and start to get a feel for how it reacts. That is something I couldn't/wouldn't do at RD ATL.

The other side of this equation is Barber doesn't exactly reward heavy cars, BUT I should be doing better than this. Frustrating.

Thanks SPiff, and I agree. Never has been my strongest track, although I enjoy driving it. I have the shortest gearing in it that is readily available.

Perhaps is would make a better "S" car........hmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Tristan Smith; 09-05-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Tristan Smith

Tristan...took me about 4 years to get my "e" car competitive. Keep working...CB
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq

Thanks Tom, Jeff, Chuck, Spiff.

You guys are right. I just need to keep at it and quit whining. Thanks for the reality check.
    Tristan Smith

It would also be a good idea Tristan to put someone you trust in the car at a test day so you get some feedback on the setup. You might just be dealing with what you think is the limit when it is really just not right. I used to let Tom Fowler run my S car and got a very good second opinion. Hard to step in after time off and do driving and setup well.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Steve,

Thanks. Yes I have been thinking the same thing. I have always done my own set up of the cars, but maybe it's time to bring in somebody with more expertise.

I think first, this fall, is to dyno it and do some tuning. Then start to work on the setup.
    Tristan Smith

Tristan, First off we've never met and I couldn't pick you out of a lineup but, your car took off like a shot at the start of the race. (I was in the ITA 50 Yellow Blue Miata to your right) I was planning on dropping in behind you but you got pinned behind the 944. Your car looked pretty good out there from what I could see. The 300ZX is a pretty heavy car in stock trim but they are strong. Keep at it. +1 for having someone else drive the car and see where you could make improvements on the set up.
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata

Thanks John.
    Tristan Smith