Thread: SIC SM Race - R Thompson win

Default SIC SM Race - R Thompson win

I'd like to write that the Group 2 SM race was really fantastic to watch from the vantage point around turn three. Mr. Thompson started the race either seventh or eighth and through great driving and racecraft he clawed his way up through the group to take first place..

For the first few laps it seemed like he might have to settle in with a sixth or fifth place finish. But carefully he made the right moves and made them stick. A bit of bumping between P2/P3 cars ended up with one of them off and that made things just a bit easier. In the end Rickey was out in front when it counted, at the end of the race, and he brought home a great win.

Congratulations Rickey, very nice drive!
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-10-2011 at 08:44 AM.

I'll ditto Dr. Earps comments regarding the observation of the SM race from turn three...there were many "ooohs and ahhs" amongst and from the spectators.

Congratulations to Rickey Thompson on his SIC SM win...it was one of the best drives I have ever witnessed...and it is testament to all the effort Rickey has put into his yellow SM steed of late.

I would also suggest that he should be considered as a candidate for the Jim Fitzgerald award.....I didn't watch every race but I can't help but believe that his drive shouldn't be considered as one of the most competitive winning drives of the SIC event.
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

Congrats on a great drive by a great driver!

I can't imagine there was a better drive last weekend. Rick deserves the award.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8