Thread: Jets & Injectors ...

Default Jets & Injectors ...

Forgive me if I am beating a dead horse on this one, but can someone tell me why carbs can change jets (IT 9.1.3.D.1.a), but FI systems cannot change injectors? It kinda made sense at a time when modifying the ECU was also not allowed. However, w/the passing of IT 9.1.3.D.1.a.6, why is the 'no injector rule' still in place?

Because ECU-controlled cars and adjust the volume of fuel injected via pressure, duration, and duty cycle. - GA

Second, most OEM injectors perform up to 70% (if that) duty cycle for the stock performing engines. At the baseline 25%-30% IT adder, OEM stock injectors *should* be able to handle the extra fuel delivery.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Default Jets & Injectors ...

Gentlemen ... THANK YOU both for your time & patience.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Second, most OEM injectors perform up to 70% (if that) duty cycle for the stock performing engines. At the baseline 25%-30% IT adder, OEM stock injectors *should* be able to handle the extra fuel delivery.
    Not to nitpick too much, but I don't think that math works. Injectors should not be run beyond about 85% duty cycle. If your IT build exceeds that, your option is to increase fuel pressure (which can have negative implications).
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Please nitpick... I am not totally educated in these matters. 70% was a very high in the sky numbers. I know most stock hondas don't get over 60% into capacity.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Since the rules allow us to substutute carbs (mostly Webers) on carbed vehicles, obviously different jets go with the Weber replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    Not to nitpick too much, but I don't think that math works. Injectors should not be run beyond about 85% duty cycle. If your IT build exceeds that, your option is to increase fuel pressure (which can have negative implications).
    Not true. Injectors can handle over 90% duty cycle without issues. The 85% number is out of date.

Also, the poster talking about injectors was saying that stock injectors of most IT cars are 25-30% oversized for the horsepower they are producing.