Thread: GMs in IT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung
    Of those choices, the Camaro is the cheaper build, by far, and may make the most power.
    Agree on the cost part for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung
    Also, I agree with Ron on the live rear deal. I don't think there should be a weight break for it. Setup right, it is not, in my opinion, a real detriment. I do not perceive a handling deficit on my car to the best RX7s, 240s, etc.
    Jeff - out of curiosity, at VIR are you using the curbs going up through the esses (except for the last one at the top of the hill), and going through hog pen? I don't have tons of track time on the Camaro, but from what I've done I just can't imagine those curbs wouldn't play hell with the rear end of the car.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Agree on the cost part for sure.

Jeff - out of curiosity, at VIR are you using the curbs going up through the esses (except for the last one at the top of the hill), and going through hog pen? I don't have tons of track time on the Camaro, but from what I've done I just can't imagine those curbs wouldn't play hell with the rear end of the car.
    Yeah, he runs them like most everyone else. Stable and good. Or, it seems as stable as my car did in the same situation.

http://youtu.be/JWXt8qLsRAY?t=51s
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 11-17-2011 at 04:25 PM.