Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
With the Mustang discussion last week I noticed that we don't have much GM participation in IT. However, I think there are a couple of places where the General can come out and play.

The 1993, 1994, 1995 4th Generation Camaro has an engine option that would fit well into ITS, the 3.4L 90 degree V6. Stock the motor is rated at 160hp and 200 ft-lbs of twist. Looks like it'd drop into ITS at around 2580 lbs before any adders for torque, so maybe a mid-2600 spec weight.
The only problem with that (well, not the only, but the major problem) is the same problem its younger cousin has in ITR, but worse; the weight. All the 4th gen cars all weigh about the same - ~3300 lbs. Add a cage and a driver, and you'll need to drop almost 1000 lbs to get to the ITS weight.

I'm pretty sure the ITAC & CRB don't agree (we should find out this month), but I think those cars should be classed in the lower class at a heavier weight, i.e. the 3.8 should be in ITS at ~3200 lbs and the 3.4 should be in ITA at the same weight. Even then I think they would both be mid-pack cars.