Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
Interesting, so you do not think the advantage of adjusting rear camber and toe rises above the noise level in car differences.
Dick/Earl, having driven Miatas, the 240z, the TR8 and Ron's Lola at speed at VIR, CMP, Roebling and others, I've yet to really see where the TR8 is at a serious disadvantage to the others.

Once we eliminated bind and settled the axle down with a good tri link and panhard setup, the back end does not mover around. I obviously don't get any camber back there, and that hurts some, but as someone pointed out I also don't get toe and camber change as the axle moves.

By subjective feel, the only place the TR8 seemed at a disadvantage to the Z and the Miatas before the tri-link was Hog's Pen. But now even there I pull most good RX7s and Z cars out of the hole -- watch the vid Ron posted (and that was BEFORE tri link).

Earl, yes, I can run the curbs at VIR fine. The car doesn't like the channelled FIA curbs at CMP, which I understand are coming to VIR for next year, yay, but not sure any of our cars really do.

I think with our 150-180 whp cars, the live rear just isn't that much of an issue.

Bill, no off the shelf fix for me either, but it was not hard to have one, a good one, fabricated given how open the rules are for a live rear axle with the 'traction arm" allowance.