Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TreadZone Pro IT Series (NE) - 2012 Season

Default TreadZone Pro IT Series (NE) - 2012 Season

What went well in 2011?
    What do we want for 2012?
    Questions, comments and observations are always welcome.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

I think that everyone will agree that Pocono did not work. The SAFER barrier concrete strips were a disaster. If they will be there next season I definitly will not be running there.
    -Keith
    #60SM

Any more comments or suggestions?

All the checks have been mailed for the season and end of year. Please deposit or in 90 days they will be donated to the worker fund.

A big thank you to Robert Thiele, Jim and Ben Slechta, Kurt Thiel and Tyler Munroe for donating their prize funds to the worker fund. We will pay for many to attend the SJR January party at NJMP. Without the workers we don't play.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

I think you guys do a great job as is I can't wait to get back into the series! My only suggestion would be a 200 pound weight penalty for bmws

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I think you guys do a great job as is I can't wait to get back into the series! My only suggestion would be a 200 pound weight penalty for bmws

Stephen
    How about we just tie one arm and one leg behind our back?

Stephen

I think I see a pattern here...

Seriously, I had tons of fun, even better, I enjoyed my two wins and receiving money at the end of year!

POC... POC... POC... enough said. I like going fast, but those barriers.... ugh.

ITA/B/C participation is thin though. I would imagine that ProIT held in conjuction with NARRC... might improve numbers. Now that I think about it, the July Sprints had slim ITA/B/C pickings as well.

On the other hand, I look forward to the running support events with ARRC, etc. in 2012.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 10-19-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

I think one of the events should be run on Memorial Day at LRP or maybe follow a few Grand-Am races in the northeast
    Ryan Hall

Just Boss It
    #03 Mini Cooper B-Spec
    Indian Summer Racing/Advanced Monograms
    SolidSkills.Net

Quote Originally Posted by RHallRacing View Post
    maybe follow a few Grand-Am races in the northeast
    Yes! That would be very cool Even if it meant none of us got ANY money back... Basically take our purse to pay the bill!

Stephen

We haven't tries ProIT yet...but
    Memorial Day at LRP would be amazing with all the other groups racing that weekend!
    Denise VanBuren

I haven't run the series yet due to bugitary restraints and well just trying to get my car to run...

I agree that a race during Memorial Day weekend at Lime Rock would be awesome. And I would put that date on my calender as a "must run" race..

My 0.02
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

Darrell: Early in 2011, I made the decision not to run Pro-IT, focusing on Regional NARRC races instead. I have to say I regret the decision: In my mind, organizers and drivers have made Pro-IT the premier amateur series in the northeast. Specifically, in ITR and ITS, it seems to attract a consistently deep field of top-end cars and drivers.

Congratulations!

For 2012, I will shift my focus to Pro-IT.

My top request would be a points structure that allows a certain number of "drops."

Also - and I know you're probably tired of hearing this - I won't be visiting Pocono again until and unless I hear some great things about the track's paving, attitude toward club racers, testing options, etc.

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    top request would be a points structure that allows a certain number of "drops."

Also - and I know you're probably tired of hearing this - I won't be visiting Pocono again until and unless I hear some great things about the track's paving, attitude toward club racers, testing options, etc.
    Steve I totally agree with you on Pocono but I don't think drop races can be accomplished. Think about any pro race series, drops are not an option. If you can't make it for some reason you suffer the points loses. Example, I'm from Pittsburgh, PA if I don't want to spend the money or because I don't know a track like Lime Rock I just don't show up without any plenty? It's not fair to the other competitors even though you have the advantage of being close and it's a home track to you. I just hope the ProIT doesn't do a 7 to 10 race schedule then the cost of racing all these races becomes an issue.

I hope everything works out for next year, I'd love to be on the track with you and the S2000.

what about running the uphill chicane at lime rock?

ive never seen anyone but the pro series' run that chicane, but if pro-it somehow was able to run with grand-am, as was mentioned, the argument would be in our favor. i.e. corner workers wouldn't have to remove the cones or tire barriers that are put at the top of the uphill to slow the cars that miss the chicane.

[QUOTE=Drew M;329019]what about running the uphill chicane at lime rock?QUOTE]

Having run it... it leads to a lot of desperation pass attempts and takes away the "pucker factor" of the uphill and west bend. It works well for teaching....but i'd run classic every day of the week.

Either way, i think the series would fit in perfectly with the weekend and i know i can get all of our B cars signed up for it
    Ryan Hall

Just Boss It
    #03 Mini Cooper B-Spec
    Indian Summer Racing/Advanced Monograms
    SolidSkills.Net

Support race for F1 in NJ? That'd be pretty sweet.

How about including the ST classes?

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    How about including the ST classes?
    Assuming you are talking STU and STL only... Sounds like a good idea on the surface, the community is close (to a point), and one theoretically feeds the other... But I'll share my thoughts.

Its ProIT

it's bad enough that SM gets to run. Should we call it ProITSMST? what's next?

fields are pretty full as it is at most tracks...

One of the pluses of ProIT is double dipping somewhere besides STx or and/or big bore.

This would be bad for the focus of the series.

It would make planning raceday's schedule even harder, more to work around.

oh, and it's ProIT.

just say'n...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Rule 2.6
    Subject to the approval of the Series Chief Steward, additional ‘IT-like” cars may run the series races while forfeiting series points and prize money. They will be in the “ITX” (eXhibition) class and must otherwise comply with all series requirements.

Also....
    We are still working on the 2012 schedule. We have some firm dates but are still working on some others. Looks like a 7 race schedule but you never know what may fall off or jump in.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

oh yea... Did that atleast once this year, right? good compromise for sure!

Excellent news, keep up the good work Darrel!

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Rule 2.6
    Subject to the approval of the Series Chief Steward, additional ‘IT-like” cars may run the series races while forfeiting series points and prize money. They will be in the “ITX” (eXhibition) class and must otherwise comply with all series requirements.

Also....
    We are still working on the 2012 schedule. We have some firm dates but are still working on some others. Looks like a 7 race schedule but you never know what may fall off or jump in.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"