Thread: V6 Mustang Classing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default billf continues

I purposely avoided the use of the word "competitiveness", since I totally understand the position of the club and know the statement well...however the concept of "even-handed", or "fair" was used in reference to the use of an unobtainable weight being used for that process with this, or some cars, while others have so much lightness as to require ballast. I had hoped that part was clear.

I'm sure Ron knows how I feel (same as him) about fielding a car agains't the odds, expecially in ITR, where our discussions were. That was the "Been There..." comment.

My interest is in the placement of cars, not the application to this brand. I'm sure that the same problem of unobtainable weight is also applicable to the Camaro, for one.

And we need more domestic participation in IT. This problem certainly doesn't encourage that participation. JLawton just wrote, "After a couple years of getting my ass kicked I realized I had to leave the emotional attachment to the car behind and move on........" Today 12:56 PM

Good racing,

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

... And we need more domestic participation in IT. This problem certainly doesn't encourage that participation.
    That's a reasonable thing to hope for but it's outweighed by more pressing priorities for the category. "Give every car an equitable chance to be reasonably competitive" is somewhat more important (hence the Process approach). However, both got trumped by "have a transparent, repeatable process," which was highest on the priority list during the period when this car was re-specified.

K