Thread: Finally raced the "Rocco"!

Default Finally raced the "Rocco"!

I would have posted sooner but I was out of town last weekend and then returned home only to come down with a hell of a cold.

On Aug 27th I finally raced my ITA 16V Scriocco. I last raced back in 2003 with a Mustang. This car has been in the building process for over 4 years. I either had the money but no time or time and no money. I still have a way to go as my lap times were 10 seconds off the leaders in ITA (2:51 vrs 3:00 minutes) The track was Road America. Not the best place to race a car for the first time but it was that or wait another 3 weeks!
    For my first race the car finished dispite my missing a shift and over reving the engine on the first lap. This resulted in the alternator belt getting thrown off the pully. I was able to finish the race on the battery fine. After the cars ahead of me sorted themselves out them just ran off and left me all alone! I must have run half the race (30 minutes) with no cars in site either in front or in back. That's just a weird feeling.

Afterwards I discoverd a number of minor oil and PS leaks that have to be fixed and the brakes will need service as well. Then I get to do it again on Sept. 18th at BFR.

I didn't take any pics but here's a link to one of my car taken by a pro who will sell you a print.
    http://www.speedshotsbyhaladkins.com...311644_mtfSGNZ
    Last edited by jimbbski; 09-08-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Good lookin' vehicle, there......
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

I may not be the fastest car but I always try to look good!
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988