Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ITB & ITS track records at Watkins Glen!

Default New ITB & ITS track records at Watkins Glen!

In the Treadzone Pro-It series finale today both ITS &ITB track recorde were made. Congratulations to the following drivers on their accomplishment!

ITS Jeff Henderson 2000 BMW 323i 2:14.137
    ITB Michael Tinis 1994 VW Golf GTI 2:22.619

Are you sure about the ITB record? I thought Marty's record was below that.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Was the ITB car the silver Golf that ran at MARRS1?
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    Was the ITB car the silver Golf that ran at MARRS1?
    It was silver and blue... i wasnt at any marrs races.

Dave... its listed on the results so i assume accurate.

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenB; 10-10-2011 at 06:55 AM.

I'm it's legit but hope he cleaned up the gearing issues previously found.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I'm it's legit but hope he cleaned up the gearing issues previously found.
    This car/driver also reset what was Tristan Herbert's NJMP-Thunderbolt record back in June. Transmission discussions there too given what happened at Summit.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    ITB Michael Tinis 1994 VW Golf GTI 2:22.619
    Holy cow. Dude's first time at WGI. Bet he goes far...

Drew - All OK?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Drew - All OK?
    Yeah. They took me off in the ambulance as a precaution. My neck was a little sore. I got checked out at the hospital after the race. Seems to just be a minor neck sprain. Surprisingly, I'm feeling much better this morning. I hit the guardrail HARD.
    The car is pretty beat up, but at least I have all winter to fix it.

Thank you for asking.

Drew - Glad to hear you are feeling good. You are part of the Pro IT family now, a big extended family, we care. See you soon. Plenty of RX/7 pieces and parts out there. Yell on hear if you need anything.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Drew - Glad to hear you are feeling good. You are part of the Pro IT family now, a big extended family, we care. See you soon. Plenty of RX/7 pieces and parts out there. Yell on hear if you need anything.
    Will do, thank you! Even though I was out by the second lap, what I did experience with the organization seemed to be what I've been looking for, serious racing that I can run on my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by preparedcivic View Post
    This car/driver also reset what was Tristan Herbert's NJMP-Thunderbolt record back in June. Transmission discussions there too given what happened at Summit.
    Talked with Michael's dad during the protest at Summit and he was mighty pissed at the previous owner. I have little doubt that he's SURE that the gears are legit.

That said, I'm still not entirely confident that the inquiry there was accurate, given Cameron's concerns watching the tech guys do their check and come to their conclusions.

Having run heads-up with him, I don't have undue concerns with the car.

K

And as for my report, the highlight was winning ITB year end in ProIT. Aside from making some moves around Miatas in qualifying, the rest of the on-track experience this weekend was sort of a yawner just trying not to beat myself.

Watkins Glen in my hooptie is an exercise in patience, as T1 up, and I mean up to the bus stop takes a looooooooooonnnnggggggg time. I was radared during qualifying on Saturday in the 103-105 range at my brake point. Still, this weekend I was about 3 seconds quicker than the July race, so I take that as forward progress.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Dave

Are you sure about the ITB record? I thought Marty's record was below that.
    There was some initial confusion - yesterday's lap was lower than the record on the FLR web site but higher than the data in the computer. I asked T&S to review the lap records and they appear to have adjusted their data. This was Michael's first race at the Glen - great job!

Drew

Yeah. They took me off in the ambulance as a precaution. My neck was a little sore. I got checked out at the hospital after the race. Seems to just be a minor neck sprain. Surprisingly, I'm feeling much better this morning. I hit the guardrail HARD.
    I'm really glad to hear that your injury was relative minor and that you are feeling better. Unfortunately we had a couple of guardrail impacts this weekend and the guardrail won every one of them.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Talked with Michael's dad during the protest at Summit and he was mighty pissed at the previous owner. I have little doubt that he's SURE that the gears are legit.

That said, I'm still not entirely confident that the inquiry there was accurate, given Cameron's concerns watching the tech guys do their check and come to their conclusions.

Having run heads-up with him, I don't have undue concerns with the car.

K
    Perhaps the receipt for the individual gears purchased by the current owner, and installed in the car (that were viewed by a member of the DC Region's tech staff after judgement had been passed) would ease your mind a bit.

As the person who filed the protest, I have no undue concerns about the outcome of the protest, though I do have concerns about the ability for one to constantly bring a car to the track with illegal pieces and claim ignorance of the rules laid out in the ITCS.

If the car was indeed made legal after MARRS 1 (and confirmed by the hosting region's tech staff as per the notes in his logbook), then congrats to him on each of his new records.
    Last edited by Gregg; 10-10-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

>> Perhaps the receipt for the individual gears purchased by the current owner, and installed in the car (that were viewed by a member of the DC Region's tech staff after judgement had been passed) would ease your mind a bit.

Sorry - not sure what you are saying here, Gregg...

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    >> Perhaps the receipt for the individual gears purchased by the current owner, and installed in the car (that were viewed by a member of the DC Region's tech staff after judgement had been passed) would ease your mind a bit.

Sorry - not sure what you are saying here, Gregg...

K
    I'm saying that some of us know what gears made their way into the box, and when they did (the entrant keeps very good records).

Again, I'm confident that the decision reached in the protest process was the correct one.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

The tech procedure I watched seemed to include more than a little head scratching and puzzlement about how to do the ratio test. I don't recall receipts being part of the process...

K

yesterday's lap was lower than the record on the FLR web site
    Yeah, they still had my old record - no idea why. So Marty's Glen record stands?

Glad to hear you're okay Drew. Too bad about the car but like you said, that can be repaired.
    Dave Gran

Thanks Dave. I'll get the car fixed and will (hopefully) be faster next year. The setup was all wrong and one of the plans for this winter is to fix that. Is it May yet?