Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is going to Barber???

Tristan,

Another choice is to get John Williams to drive your car. He knows Datsuns / Nissans and Road Atlanta too.

+1 for John Williams. I plan on getting him to help with the shake down and set up on my new car when it's finished.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

Tristan, let me know if you ever want to borrow my Traqmate. I've got a battery pack for it. You could probably get Bowie to drive your car for some beer. He doesn't even like the good stuff.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post

I have to admit, I am discouraged enough to start looking for a new hobby.
    Hey,you beat me. I was in the gray RX7 and felt the same way after the Pro IT race. But then had loads of fun in the IT race on both days. Was my first time at that track, first race this year, and first time in that car. The Pro IT race conditions were pretty bad, mainly due to terrible fogging of the windshield. I couldn't see more than 20ft in front of the car and couldn't see the turns at all. Kept thinking of pulling in but pushed on and tried to stay out of the way.

I donno about that Bowie guy. He has an over dog Miata and he is not crushing everyone. Can't be the car .... LOL!

Say that after you run with the ISC Miate. CB
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Speaking of the ISC Miatas, I don't know if anyone noticed that both ISC Miatas got beat by an IT7 car on Sunday. In fact, the IT7 car (driven by Ned Freeston) won the ITR/S/A/7 race overall! Yes, the field was light because of the rain, but still...., he beat John Carter and Van Steenburg himself. Maybe I could have done something similar, but my wipers quit on the first lap. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

BTW, whenever Ned does something like this, Mike always asks how he can do it with his "POS" car. I ought to take offense, since I built the car, but I need to remind Mike that POS includes an ISC engine and struts.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Very impressive. As "loose" as the first gen RX7s appear in the dry, that is pretty damn awesome in the wet.

Although didn't Michaeljake Gulickmacher win a few races in the wet in ITA in his car?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hi Tristen. I think you need to get the ECU set up first. It should make more torque off the corner than it does. When I caught back up to the field after my terrible start, your car looked very sable to me. I had more bad luck with my car. The by-pass pipe that comes out of the back thermostat housing fell out going in to turn five on the last lap. My apologies to Charles Hines in the ITS Miata I slid into as the water came out. So I got a little hot on the engine. I will have it back in time for the HSR race at Hutchinson Island in Oct.

Photos in case you didn't find them yet.

http://motorsports.clarkmcinnisphoto...SP3/index.html