Thread: 2011 VIR 13 Hours

Default 2011 VIR 13 Hours

It's official. We're entering Pablo the Golf in this October's 13-hour enduro at VIR. We've got lots of experience and multiple class wins in this event and we are accepting co-drivers with the appropriate levels of experience, maturity, and funding. Contact me by email if you want more specific information. Lots of information on our web site, starting at...

http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti/drivers.php

Kirk

[email protected]

Good luck at the race Kirk - hopefully you guys win again.

20 car have entered so far. Deadline is Oct 14th.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...AA2ACE5A86FDCE
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

I s there a crap can class?
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

No crap can classes
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Would they fit in the STU class for this region? I will run my car on the DOT 200tires to give the rest of you guys a chance. ..
    Where is the link? TIA, MM
    I would have to see how many of my drivers have the SCCA tag. I can think of 3 that do.
    I also have one of the orginal "12 hr at the point" cars, but it wont be ready by then. Plus it is set up with a welded dif right now. Not the thing to go 13hrs with. IMHO, MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Plus it is set up with a welded dif right now. Not the thing to go 13hrs with. IMHO, MM
    We've had welded difs in all of our 12, 13 and 24 hour cars. They don't generate heat and have run multiple endurance events with no problems.

Unless I get a really green renter, I'll run the spool in my Golf at the 13. It can't break.

K

Need crew?

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    We've had welded difs in all of our 12, 13 and 24 hour cars. They don't generate heat and have run multiple endurance events with no problems.
    Chuck - yours were RWD, right ? If Mikey is talking about the ratty old "Round Rocco" (I've bought it and sold it twice...he's bought it and sold it two or three times, and there were others involved !), it's the problem with "FWD CV joints w/ a welded diff"...maybe not the best enduro choice.

Mikey - you got the Scirocco back ?

Same car, only now it is white. If Michael passes his Thermal class ,he may get a shot @ Sebring with it for Turkey trot. He went 249 with the rental car last time out.
    We have to get the two Chumps to run 14hrs each next week. Than on to other races.
    We could bring one of the Chumpers up to VIR,if either car makes it. You need to try one out, ..
    MM

John,
    Yes my cars were RWD. I just remembered, the Acura I've been co-driving has a Quaif. Kirk says Pablo works with a spool (expensive but lighter version of a welded dif ) so perhaps there's another trick with the CV joints.

I have run (and won in) several endurance races with a welded diff in Rabbits and Golfs.
    What is the problem?

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Driver style needs to be way more agressive, axles break more often. 2 hrs or more is hard on axles. 2-3 hrs is no rpoblem.
    The spare trans is welded tho ..

Never got a answer on the Chumpcar legality. It is a 89Jetta with the roof cut off, Rochester or Weber 2bbl carb, DOT 200 tires. , 1750#
    How many are entered??

Never got a answer on the Chumpcar legality. It is a 89Jetta with the roof cut off, Rochester or Weber 2bbl carb, DOT 200 tires. , 1750#
    How many are entered??
    You don't need an answer. NCR has ITE, which is a catchall class for ANY race car that meets IT safety specifications. If you're compliant you can get an ITE logbook issued at the event and run the car. There are no min weights, engine rules, specs, etc. If your Chumpcar meets IT safety specs then you're good.

R

Thanks for your time to reply Ron.
    We have rented it in CFR for schools. The tech guy would never issue a book , just a blank page, good for the weekend.
    I took it to a PDX @ Sebring , amongst the 911s and Evos.
    I just looked ,no ITE for CFR.
    20 cars may not enough to make it.

I just looked ,no ITE for CFR.
    20 cars may not enough to make it.
    Sorry, I thought you were asking about bringing it to VIR. Yep, ITE is completely regional and isn't the same from region to region. Here in NC it is a good rule set designed to help those race cars get on track that have nowhere to race in the SCCA.

Ron