Thread: September 2011 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Back then Bill I didn't NEED anyone to tell me I was allowed to. The innards of the unmodifed ECU housing were 100% free. I connected my electronics through the original connectors and ran the vacuum line in an existing hole in the housing. No modifications to the box whatsoever. If you want to ding me on using the exisiting hole, so be it. Felt it was legal then, still do even though it is moot. But we get that you disagree.

The issue here is that this arguement is not on a 'free' item and the Roffe rule doesn't apply, I think we agree on that.
    Like I said Andy, we will agree to disagree. I think you exploited a poorly written rule, as the people the wrote it probably didn't envision anything other than electrical connections going to the ECU. I personally think you got lucky, as it never went through the protest process before the rule got changed. I don't think it would have passed muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Miller View Post
    Like I said Andy, we will agree to disagree. I think you exploited a poorly written rule, as the people the wrote it probably didn't envision anything other than electrical connections going to the ECU. I personally think you got lucky, as it never went through the protest process before the rule got changed. I don't think it would have passed muster.
    So be it. If I didn't think I could have won a protest, I wouldn't have done it obviously. Still hold the same opinion.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967