OK, not a IT or SM, just a DD. Got the car for a steal thanks to the previous owner bagging a curb sideways and crunching the left side suspension. The inner tie rod end was removed prior to me picking up the car, so I don't know what it looked like but the new part they supplied with the car appears to have coarse threads and the PS rack looks to have fine threads. Is this the case of PS vs non PS or did they just give me a bogus part?
As an old Nissan guy, I am still learning this zoom zoom stuff, but for $1000 for a car with a good body, no rust, a good top, decent interior, 177K on the clock, running well, I couldn't pass it up. So far it needed a left lower control arm, tie rod end that was included!?!?! A rear upper control arm and a rear cross memeber, oh and two wheels, man they were mangled! So far I have $1300 in it so if I need a different inner tie rod end, the world won't end. From what I have read on SpecMiata.com, I should replace or at least check the lower control arm bolt. Any other ideas?

Mike