Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 4 at Watkins Glen

Default Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 4 at Watkins Glen

Looking forward to running this event and seeing everyone again! The entry list is still growing... up to 31 cars but I think we can fit 65 on track!!! Entry fee is only $300 bucks and you will most likely get some of that back Pretty excited to see 8 ITR cars!!!

Pro-IT 31 entries
    # Name Class Year Make Sponsor Hometown
    00 Cefalo, Marc SM 1996 Mazda Miata Planet-miata.com swoyersville, PA
    0 Cefalo, Michael SM 1995 Mazda Miata Planet-miata.com West Pittston, PA
    3 Billiel, Jeremy ITX 1995 Acura Integra Kakashi Racing Marlborough, CT
    05 Ulfelder, Steve ITR Honda S2000 Flatout Motorsports Southborough, MA
    7 aziz, abdulrab ITR BMW 325 Monroeville, PA
    07 Case, Doug ITA 1988 Honda CRXsi Hardin AUto Body Branchville, NJ
    10 Jones, Dan ITR 1993 BMW 325 M & O Systems, Inc./ Jim Locke Automotive Ligonier, PA
    12 Mossaidis, Demetrius ITA 1992 Honda Civic Si Halfmoon Racing Sunnyside, NY
    13 Lamport Hammitte, Ann ITR 1988 BMW M3 Jamaica Plain, MA
    14 Mills, Amy SM 1994 Mazda Miata New York, NY
    16 Rooke, Matt ITS 1989 Mazda RX-7 RidgeSpeed Racing Basking Ridge, NJ
    17 Murcott, Dylan SM 1995 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports Ancram, NY
    18 Ulan, Marc SSM 1993 Mazda Miata East Berlin, CT
    20 Nimkoff, Robert ITR 1995 BMW 325is ITR Class Autotechnic Weston, CT
    21 Thiele, Robert ITR 1996 BMW 328is bmwmotorsportcollection.com Hingham, MA
    22 Anderson, Kevin SM 1999 Mazda Miata Gappsi.com Huntington Station, NY
    23 Henderson, Jeff ITS 2000 BMW 323i Auto technic New Milford, CT
    25 Driscoll, Rob ITS 1999 BMW 323i www.autotechnic.net Brookfield, CT
    26 Lippert, Gary SM 1990 Mazda Miata - SM Advent Tool, DAVIS Trailer World, Become A Foster Parent Avon, NY
    33 Phillips, Ben ITR 1992 Porsche 968 BigSpeed Racing Boonton, NJ
    50 Blethen, Stephen ITR 2004 Mazda RX8 www.RSTPerformance.com Suncook, NH
    51 Warren, Andrew SM 1991 Mazda Miata Ridgespeed Central, SC
    52 Duman, Donald SM 1990 Mazda Miata Southern Auto Auction - Kessler Engineering Wallingford, CT
    63 Weaver, William J. ITS 1986 Mazda RX-7 Weaver Insurance Agency Sayre, PA
    69 Tsiounis, Yiannis SM 1999 Mazda Miata QuickSilver Leasing New York, NY
    70 Locke, Jimmy SM 1995 Mazda Miata NorthEast Earth Mechanics Inc Pittsfield, NH
    77 beccaris, david SM Mazda miata mv motorsports Dallas, PA
    82 Cooper, Nicole SM 1996 Mazda Miata Planet-miata.com Shavertown, PA
    88 Thiel , Kurt SSM 1990 Mazda miata Thiels import auto Canandaigua, NY
    94 Finsilver, William SM 1999 Mazda Miata Mill Neck, NY
    95 Hainsworth, John ITS 1986 Mazda RX7 Ridgespeed Racing, Stehm's Auto Repair Cherry Hill, NJ

Class Totals: ITA: 2, ITR: 8, ITS: 5, ITX: 1, SM: 13, SSM: 2

Really looking forward to this event! lets get some more cars on that entry list!

Can't wait to see the NEW RX8 in the flesh - that thing looks AWESOME! I am jelouse and want Mr. Blethen to paint my car too!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Last year we had 58 entries. This year we even have an ITX Integra. The RX/8 looks great! Glad to see ITR growing.

Check out www.ProITSeries.com. Answer the question.
    Get you W9 form and bring it to the Glen so I can give you a check.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Last year we had 58 entries. This year we even have an ITX Integra. The RX/8 looks great! Glad to see ITR growing.

That is one cool looking RX8! cant wait to see it out there as well

To the question of split starts, I can understand the SM guys wanting a split start. The one issue i might have with this is later in the race when the front of the field catches a pack of 10 SM's in a big train... Lapping 2 SMs in a battle is hard enough without getting smacked

I'm considering going up there to race, looks like I'll be driving this a lot on iRacing any tips or advice besides stay off the blue stuff?

Steven
    1989 ITA Honda Civic Si
    Washington D.C. Region

Quote Originally Posted by rsx858 View Post
    That is one cool looking RX8! cant wait to see it out there as well

To the question of split starts, I can understand the SM guys wanting a split start. The one issue i might have with this is later in the race when the front of the field catches a pack of 10 SM's in a big train... Lapping 2 SMs in a battle is hard enough without getting smacked
    Coming from ITB I can tell you that this is the reason I stopped racing the pro-it series... ITB and probably ITA cars cannot race eachother without racing the SM cars at the same time. It was the worst opportunity to race other ITB cars with all the traffic we delt with for the entire race. Absolutly nothing against the SM guys and gals it was just reality. Normally ITB runs with ITS around here and we have to deal with the slower ITS cars which definetly stinks. When racing in the PRO-IT with tons of miatas all running the same lap times it became impossible to have good honest races. In the end I did have some great races and did enjoy it but it kept most ITB cars away and eventually annoyed me as well especially with the low ITB car counts. Now jumping up to hopefully ITS times (probably still not as fast as you) I would hope that the traffic is just something we need to pass and not race with for the majority of the race. Having to lap those guys/gals is much more like true proracing with dual classes. NOT racing another class that is the same in lap times like what happens with ITA, ITB and SM cars. I STRONGLY encourage the split starts for this very reason.

I also still think this is the single biggest missed opportunity of this series. Make it PROIT and PROSM with split starts at every track. I bet anything you would see full fields and probably 20+ SM cars at some events if you give it the same publicity.

Just my .02 and the honest reason I stopped racing in the ProIT stuff with my ITB car.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post

Are we answering that question here like I did or do we have a poll on the ProITSeries.com site?

Stephen

Here is fine, we all check here. Thanks for the comments.

I'll ask Matt if he can put a survey up on www.ProITSeries.com about the split start. Terry H. would make the final decision.

40 cars so far with over a week to go.
    Class Totals: ITR: 9, ITS: 6, ITA: 2, ITB: 2, ITC: 0, SM: 20, and our first ITX: 1.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

I might be registering tonight. Does ProIT run its own individueal schedule, or do we also get the 15minute qualifying and 7 lap race on Saturday? I know this is a dumb question but I've never been to W.G.I. or done a Pro-IT race so I'd like to know what's going on before I get there and get all confused. Also, does the day really end at 1pm on both days?

Thanks,
    Steven
    1989 ITA Honda Civic Si
    Washington D.C. Region

I made sure to look at the Supps before posting that. It seems that Pro-IT operates independently from the other groups. I just wanted to make sure that the 7 lap races by group, didn't involve us (Pro-IT). I just don't want to end up on track when I'm not supposed to be...even though for $300 that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Steven
    Last edited by SMac92; 07-13-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    1989 ITA Honda Civic Si
    Washington D.C. Region

Quote Originally Posted by SMac92 View Post
    I made sure to look at the Supps before posting that. It seems that Pro-IT operates independently from the other groups. I just wanted to make sure that the 7 lap races by group, didn't involve us (Pro-IT). I just don't want to end up on track when I'm not supposed to be...even though for $300 that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Steven
    Pro IT in NEDIV is always its own 30 minute qualifying session and 45 minute race, independent of the other groups.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Steven,

The PRO-IT runs seperate from the Regional. We have just one session on Saturday (Qualifying) and then the race on Sunday. Lot's of track time if everyone plays nice and we don't get full course yellows. I do like the regional with the extra sessions to play with car set-ups but it would be difficult to fit it in with the regional as well. The goal of the region is to have you "double Dip" into the PRO-IT and run the regional as well. Basically the region makes much less money on entries for the PRO-IT than the regional because they have the prize fund with the same entry fee.

I am going to be running the test day as well to get used to the car and work out any kinks. Wouldn't be a bad idea for you so you can learn the track, I suspect we will get a lot of track time.?.

On another note you won't be sorry. It is well worth the trip and it really is a fun track... even Lewis Hamilton said he liked it last month when he raced here

Stephen

OK Thanks guys. We're probably getting there Thursday night and setting up Friday. I can't afford the track day just b/c it's another $275. I'll just work on it on iRacing, make sure to start last in Qualifying and go from there. I just hope 10 gallons can last 45 minutes on Sunday, that's a long ass time.

Steven
    1989 ITA Honda Civic Si
    Washington D.C. Region

Who will be selling Hoosiers at WGI?
    Jeremy Billiel

^^ smarty from northeast tire. 518 819 9238
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I saw on the other post you got STL in for WGI - nice!

I am still mystified why that was a challenge - was it a sanction issue?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

There was no challenge, just a simple misunderstanding: the organizers were unaware of the existence of new-for-2011 STL class.

Now to get STL moved to G3 so my compadre can enter in STU...and so other G5 entrants (ITA, ITS RX-7s) can double-dip into STL...otherwise we have to pull Jeremy's STU entry.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Steven,

I am going to be running the test day as well to get used to the car and work out any kinks.

Stephen
    Stephen, I'm doing the test day as well - also double-dipping with Regional action and my annual Pro-IT race (ta da!). Let's shove each other around the track in a Land of the Rising Sun draft!

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com