Thread: Arrc ecr....

Default Arrc ecr

Just out of curiosity what does a rental seat go for at the ARRC ECR? Doesn't matter if it's competitive or not. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Simon T.; 10-07-2011 at 01:34 PM.

You'll see a big range depending on the car, prep level, and it's competitiveness... maybe as cheap as $300 or so for mid-pack "friend" deal but I'd expect more in the $750+ range for something reliable and competitive.

Christian

PS
    That's plus entry fee and crash damage of course.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Thanks, I missed this. I had a few people asking if I wanted to run the enduro in my car and didn't know what to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon T. View Post
    Thanks, I missed this. I had a few people asking if I wanted to run the enduro in my car and didn't know what to ask.
    What I used to do was:

They pay the entry fee, plus $xxx for tires (usually half a set's worth) plus a bit for wear. This was for a "friendly" style deal.

Then they HAD to sign a sheet of paper acknowledging what the car was worth if they wadded it up, and that they would buy it or fix it to my satisfaction.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBowie View Post
    What I used to do was:

They pay the entry fee, plus for tires (usually half a set's worth) plus a bit for wear. This was for a "friendly" style deal.

Then they HAD to sign a sheet of paper acknowledging what the car was worth if they wadded it up, and that they would buy it or fix it to my satisfaction.
    I put a price of $450 out there, includes everything, I guess I'm on the cheap cheap side? lol Although this car isn't proven or anything so...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon T. View Post
    I put a price of $450 out there, includes everything, I guess I'm on the cheap cheap side? lol Although this car isn't proven or anything so...
    As someone that owned an endure team for years. It's not about proven, it's about making sure you don't lose money so you can go and run the car.
    My 25 hour list which was bare bones: clutch, pads, roots, hubs, diff rebuild, tranny rebuild, water pump, fuel pump, gaskets, hoses and belts, Cat back (SM mufflers burn out) plus entry and tire costs.
    Ecr is far less time, but it's still wear on your car. Anything that spins wears out...
    Regardless, go, and have fun. Get a driver coach and split the time with them, pay the fees yourself.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Miller View Post
    As someone that owned an endure team for years. It's not about proven, it's about making sure you don't lose money so you can go and run the car.
    My 25 hour list which was bare bones: clutch, pads, roots, hubs, diff rebuild, tranny rebuild, water pump, fuel pump, gaskets, hoses and belts, Cat back (SM mufflers burn out) plus entry and tire costs.
    Ecr is far less time, but it's still wear on your car. Anything that spins wears out...
    Regardless, go, and have fun. Get a driver coach and split the time with them, pay the fees yourself.
    Yeah this is my first event and have many of the parts for the car for free so won't be losing too much off of this event but that will run out. lol My friend may drive who will sort of coach me as well as he's a Skip Barber instructor and has quite a bit of experience. He may be driving another car though so if that's the case I'd need another paying driver, maybe.

If anyone is interested, $450 for the ECR, includes everything, just me and you, renting driver can run the qualifying session and we split the race. You can run the test day as well if you pay the entry fee and give me a session. :P

Simon,

Don't be "too" cheap. Make sure you are clear on damage. What if your co-driver wads up your car? You don't want to wait 2 years to rebuild the car and drive again, do you? You just got started and you don't want someone else to end it all too abruptly.

Its rare that a co-drive doesn't include some kind of damage repair and leaving that out can ruin a friendship.

Damage should include over-revving and pinging a motor too.

Just saying.

Tom

Crash damage agreement, fuel use, wear and tear.
    The usual cost per hr for a (non Hoosier) ITB car is around 300$.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Oh I'm definitely going to have a crash agreement. I've written out quite a bit on that such as prices for almost everything on the car and a total car value.