As some of you know, there's been a long-standing policy that drivers who participate at the Runoffs cannot enter the ARRC by GRM in the same class. This was implemented so we (Atlanta Region) are not seen as competing with the Runoffs for entries plus it adds to the "Regional Driver's National Championship" nature of the event. Last year Topeka said they'd actually PREFER we eliminate that restriction, but I've not been able to overcome the second objection in the racing community. In the past cars have had to go through the dual-homologation process and/or we've had invent classes for everyone to play in, and quite frankly that's been a PITA.

So what if we did this?

"Runoffs drivers that enter the ARRC by GRM in the same class will automatically waive their finishing position at the ARRC and be listed behind all non-Runoffs drivers on the official results. Any track records set by those drivers will still be valid assuming they are competing in a compliant car."

What this means is you guys can all race together in your "proper" class, but the Runoffs drivers will be moved to the bottom of the sheet on the official results page. If the official winner (which means s/he is a non-Runoffs driver) chooses to hand the trophy to a Runoffs driver than might have finished ahead of them that's up to the individual parties.

I'd like to make a final decision on this at our Aug. 22 Race Board meeting, so let me know whatcha think...