Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
yea, it's all about where you live.

I was never a 4wd guy, thought it was a waste. "Man up and get some snow tires, throw some sand in the bed, disconnect the rear sway bar and just drive", LOL

I must be getting old. This last winter was brutal around here. one 12" storm followed by a 16" storm, record breaking long before it was over, and I needed to get around. Since you can not BUY a 2 wd truck in CT, LOL, my new truck came with 4WD.

Ummmm....it's errrrrr....GREAT. One late night coming home I was the only guy out on the Merritt parkway. It was DUMPING 2 or 3" per hour. The road was 12"+ deep, unplowed. I won't tell you how fast i was going. But i wasn't crawling, LOL. Sadly a tree was down across the whole road (It was a helluva storm) so I had to turn back and drive the wrong way. Only guy I came across was a cop, who had chains on and was struggling with those.

On I-95, cars were abandoned in the middle of the road...jeeps even!

So, yea, I'm a believer.

But I can not remember ever engaging 4WD in that truck while the trailers hooked up.

So, for towing, I'd skip it. But don't drive into slippery paddock areas.
That is funny to hear that you've come to the dark side Jake!! LOL I always remember you bustin' on 4x4!! I've got one of those jobs that is NOT considered non essential (I work for a hospital) and MUST get to work no matter how much snow. Yup, there was once this past winter I was driving through 28" of snow on unplowed streets........... I was lovin' my 4x4 that morning!!!