Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ITAC News

My thinking is that this is a club of guys who race cars. We aren't trying to make a profit, steal some other companies thunder by getting our super secret product to market first, or surprise somebody in a courtroom with killer evidence.

For a second, I'm putting on my ITAC hat again:
    We who serve on committees, need to be open, transparent and remember that the members are the bosses. I make a point to keep my private channel discussions to a minimum. If I want to say something, think something, then all the members have a right to know what it is.
    I screwed up on the MR2 originally doing bad math when I was trying to do three things a con call in a hotel room in Watkins Glen, and nobody ushered a peep. My bad on that, and i admitted it years ago. We all make mistakes, but if the members wanted to write in, and say "Fire Jake for bad math", that's their absolute right. And if the CRB did fire me for that mistake, I'd have been surprised, but hey, that's their right.

Again, we are working for the members.
    That Travis spoke to somebody and honored the agreement to keep his name quiet is disturbing not because Travis honored the agreement, but because here's this guy, essentially talking about things that matter to the membership, yet he's too embarrassed/scared to let his name be assigned to that.
    WRONG. Hey, if he's ratting on some other CRB guys, well, the other CRB guys might not like it, but tough shit...there should be nothing to rat out in the first place!
    Whenever that back room secret crap goes on, often it's because somebody is protecting their own ass, in some way. And if that's not the case, it sure looks like it, and that is as much of a problem as the former aspect.

It's a freaking car club guys...if you're on a committee, do your job. Be ON the con calls. (I was incensed by the attendance records we had going for awhile there) If you're doing your best but you haven't covered all the bases, fine, but don't be all secretive and try to cover it up.

Simple fact is that Andy went on a con call to explain the Process, and members of his audience didn't know that the Process existed, after it was being used, for years.
    Having that info going in, Andy would have made the appropriate calls to get them up to speed.

Travis, your account of the period is your account, but you weren't on the con calls, you don't know what was said.
    I was shocked and the CRB position changed nearly 180 degrees month to month. At one point, the chairman stated: "You'll never convince me that a Process based on stock hp is a good idea", yet he'd been fine with it for five years. And he'd bent over backwards helping the committee get numbers on cars, and connecting us with other adhocs for data, etc etc.

Having a clue that was going to come up would have been helpful.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I see Travis continues to win friends and influence people. Well done.