Thread: ITC Corolla

Default ITC Corolla

Anyone ever raced an AE71 corolla (4dr RWD)in ITC? I'm looking to build an ITC car and have a good deal on a corolla. I'm not looking for a potential front runner, just an entry level car.

Great car. Nice chassis, fair brakes. Fun racer.

I have carbs for it, if you need one.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Thanks for the reply Flyinglizard. I'll let you know regarding a carb.

Try to think long term. hows competition in ITC near your home turf? Are the other IT classes better that way? There are TONS of entry level money IT cars available.

If you are looking to build a car, you're looking to spend 4 times what you need to to just get on the track and race a logbooked car. OK, maybe four times as much is a bit of a stretch, but ITB or IT7 cars sell all day long for $3500, and many of them are fine, competitive well built cars.

If you love to build, fine, but do some math first.it adds up!
    Also, decide your priorities...is it racing thats the main priority? Or is it racing a certain car? Or building a certain car?.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

S car prices have dropped dramatically as well.

You can get decent ITS 2nd Gen RX7s for $6-7k, and Z cars as well for that price.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Go on--build the vintage vehicle. We need more C cars anyways.

I used to see several 2 door Toyotas running--not 4 Doors--but they are still good cars.

There used to be three two door ITC Corolla's that ran in the MARRS series. One was very competitive (Bob McKeithen). The two door sedan (with a trunk) seemed to be the best car with the two door hatch model not far behind it.

Both cars suffered from L.O.I. (Lack of Interest) from their owners. I saw one of them in a trailer last year, but it has not been out of the trailer in four years minimum.

I agree with all that it is cheaper to buy an already built car than to start a new build.
    Hopefully anyone wanting to race one of these cars has a yard full of them as I am sure that parts are hard to come by.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    There used to be three two door ITC Corolla's that ran in the MARRS series. One was very competitive (Bob McKeithen). The two door sedan (with a trunk) seemed to be the best car with the two door hatch model not far behind it.

Both cars suffered from L.O.I. (Lack of Interest) from their owners. I saw one of them in a trailer last year, but it has not been out of the trailer in four years minimum.

I agree with all that it is cheaper to buy an already built car than to start a new build.
    Hopefully anyone wanting to race one of these cars has a yard full of them as I am sure that parts are hard to come by.

cheers
    dave parker
    I know the car that you speak of, and it's for sale. Two of them as a matter of fact Dave. They come with a huge mess of spares too...
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Yes Bill I know that they are for sale. The "lady" that owns them still owes me $900.00 from when she wrecked my ITB Golf at Summit Point in 2002.

Not interested in the cars, her, or the soap opera.

cheers
    dave parker
    Last edited by dave parker; 07-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    Yes Bill I know that they are for sale. The "lady" that owns them still owes me $900.00 from when she wrecked my ITB Golf at Summit Point in 2002.

Not interested in the cars, her, or the soap opera.

cheers
    dave parker
    Then why bring it up on a public forum? Something like that is best handled in private. Unless of course you want to go public with it...

Bearkat might be interested though. It's always cheaper to start with a caged car than from scratch.

Just trying to help out someone who want's to get into the community that's all. Not interested in getting into any personal drama.
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Thanks guys. I appreciate the buy vs build argument, but building the car would be half the fun. There's a good group of ITC racers in the Great Lakes region, so I'd like to stay in ITC. I just want to make sure a 4dr corolla is at least capable of running mid-pack (assuming I can keep it there).
    Bob Gordon, Western Ohio Region