Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glen updates?

Stephen,

Did you have a welded diff in the Audi? Have you ever driven a welded diff? I'm tellin' you, talk to Steve. (regardless if your current diff is fine) His diffs have all the good qualities of a welded but none of the bad......
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Stephen,

Did you have a welded diff in the Audi? Have you ever driven a welded diff? I'm tellin' you, talk to Steve. (regardless if your current diff is fine) His diffs have all the good qualities of a welded but none of the bad......
    Ran a quaffe which worked awesome. Never any wheel spin and I could turn in the parking lot! Oh and it has lasted 9years!

All I have heard is good things about his! I have sent him a PM

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenB; 08-10-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Here is a 2 part video of NARRC's sunday ITR/S/A race. Well, only ITA can be seen. Some background, we missed qual on Saturday morning as we slept in with intend (i.e. we pulled into the B&B at 2:30 am the night before... I HATE CT traffic). in the qual race, we started DFL and ended up 9th PIC. By Sunday afternoon, we were 6th PIC running a 2.20.9 which was a personal best for me, but yet 1.6 seconds off pace.

Now to the videos, some excitement at the start. During the first 2-3 laps, the rears were not working. You can see that while going into the carousel, I drift left and the field walks away. I get passed by a yellow/black stripe maita (Kevin Anderson in STL?), which I later pass on the uphill. Brian Blizzard and Jim Alley were battling it out which gave me a chance to pass them within a couple laps. The rest of part 1 is fairly boring until we see Bruce Perry coming up from the rear. He follows me very closely for two laps until I let him pass me and then I trail him. Within 2 laps, he gets squirmy in the bus stop, I pass him and for the rest of the race I chase the leaders, which from time to time come into my view.

The car was great with the new motor and 225/45's though I do need more front chamber, better turn in and a touch more oversteer. More importantly, the driver needs a lot more work I have been out of any significant seat time since NARRCoffs '09. I noticed some classic mistakes: a few early turn-ins, double clutch of the steering wheel, some uber late breaking and at times spending a little too much time looking at my rearview (i.e. Perry) instead of my markers. What I didn't like most of all was my inconsistency with regards to certain turns. Sometimes I nailed them, sometimes I didn't. More seat time... enjoy.

http://www.vimeo.com/27512225

http://www.vimeo.com/27518618
    Last edited by mossaidis; 08-10-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling, duh!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I can't remember exactly what they called it but I think they said it was "gear driven"....... I am now thinking it has to do with the "droop" that a few others mentioned. It is a huge difference between the two sides... almost three inches! Coilovers are NOT set to the same spot.
    Well, THERES your problem!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Ran a quaffe which worked awesome. Never any wheel spin

You THINK it was awesome because you have nothing to compare it to. LOL Just remember, you have a little bit more power than the Audi so getting the power down is even trickier.

I ran a Quaffe in my GTi and would spin the wheels all the way up the hill out of 3 at NHMS.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I ran a Quaffe in another car I had, I took it out after I was done with the race and sold it. IMO they are useless as tits on a boar hog!

Here's a late video of the NARRC ITR race. Based on Glen Lawton's advice (I bought the same carmera and video software) the quality is now pretty good online.

Cheers!

Looking forward to Pocono this weekend!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-6quM87EE[/ame]
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

VERY cool idea to mount a "video" rear view mirror!

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010