Thread: Sowdiv IT Truck

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trey, you can run the car in STL as-is, but of course there's nobody to run against right now.

While I welcome any chance to get entries up, I wonder what the right direction is.

I don't know the last time I saw an ITS/ITE/ITR entry in our division- it's been a while and I know there used to be a bunch of them. There's usually a small handful of ITAs and Gersch in his ITB and that's it. The ITtruck idea would be 'fun', but I don't see it being incredibly well-subscribed and my fear is the increased "slow traffic". We already have a bad enough problem with some of the dangerously slow SRX7 and "STU" traffic. At the June TWS race, the guys in the back were 40 seconds a lap off the leaders in small bore. I can't count the number of times someone came down on me into a corner and I nearly bit it trying to get around them as well. There will always be traffic, but if we're going to add cars to the field, we might need to investigate an additional run group for those cars. Maybe stick slicks together and DOT-Rs together and have a 'fast' and 'slow' DOT race? i.e. STO, SP, T1/2/3, STU, in one group and IT*, SS*, and STL in another?? just throwing out ideas here.

Any ideas on what we can do as members to get participation up? I'm new to club racing and none of my friends really want to go through the expenses they're seeing me pay for 45 min of track time a month. they'd rather stick to DE days with their weekend toy and run a couple LeMons races a year where they get several hours of seat time.

This is something Rogerson mentioned in the past, but do you think there's enough interest (and the ability) to allow LeMons/Chump cars to run in ITE or something similar on a club race weekend? Many of those things like Troy Hogan's Z are full-bore race cars with proper cages (the cage in our Miata is SCCA legal, but we can't put a hard top on it due to height....), and the cars are usually gutted too much to be legal for IT simply because of the weight and junk removal.

any other ideas?
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 07-25-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7