Thread: How dyno numbers are utilized by ITAC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post

I just don't buy the "GSR can't make power/can't compete in ITS" stuff. Fully developed (and you guys have to admit you didn't go full bore on the ITS car), I think it is one of the cars to have in ITS.
    The GSR is competitive in ITS. Only Zsolt knows what sort of power GSR makes and if he wants to disclose that figure it's up to him. I've raced with him plenty of times though and he either had at least the same power I had out of my Sam Neave engine, which was 170 to 176 rwhp depending on temps. I suspect he had a tiny bit more.

I know that at VIR Zsolt and I were extremely close and I was able to observe numerous instances of the two of us leaving Oak Tree and him just able to get an advantage in the last 150 yards or so of the back straight. Aero or a few horsepower more? I dunno. But for sure his car is heavier than mine was. I've seen it run against a number of well driven ITS car types and it seems to hold its own.

If someone feels that GSR is competitve at 181 hp but it isn't at 172 hp then I think they're looking for an excuse to not run the car. The GSR as an overall package is competitive in ITS and the driver will determine the rest.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 07-31-2011 at 03:08 PM.

The E46 323 is an interesting bird. I have NEVER seen a dyno sheet but when one rolls our ITR S2000 up the esses at the Glen at the same weight, you would easily extrapolate 200whp. That puts that car about 150lbs light compared to the targets. I have no reason to believe the cars I am using as examples are illegal.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    The E46 323 is an interesting bird. I have NEVER seen a dyno sheet but when one rolls our ITR S2000 up the esses at the Glen at the same weight, you would easily extrapolate 200whp. That puts that car about 150lbs light compared to the targets. I have no reason to believe the cars I am using as examples are illegal.
    These are not IT builds, and they include the E46 variants of the 323i, 325i, 328i, and 330i (323i and 328i are "M52tu", 325i and 330i are "M54") in all sorts of levels of tune, but ... based on my own car, which is the same as the 328i, and these dyno plots, I don't believe a legal 323i could get to over 200whp.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=768715
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    These are not IT builds, and they include the E46 variants of the 323i, 325i, 328i, and 330i (323i and 328i are "M52tu", 325i and 330i are "M54") in all sorts of levels of tune, but ... based on my own car, which is the same as the 328i, and these dyno plots, I don't believe a legal 323i could get to over 200whp.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=768715
    I hear, as with the WC cars and some of the higher-end IT builds, that once you grab ahold of the VANOS with your progammable ECU, the power really comes.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Before I left Sunbelt, we built an E46 engine with I think Motec,. It made very close to what Chet's E36 made.
    Blake Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by bamfp View Post
    Before I left Sunbelt, we built an E46 engine with I think Motec,. It made very close to what Chet's E36 made.
    Which engine?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Honestly I don't remember. I am pretty sure it had dual vanos.
    Blake Meredith