Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woot Finally got the car I was looking for!!

Is Geoff advertising his car here?
    I would like to look at it just in case.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

My two-time ARRC winning ITA Integra has single adjustable Koni yellows on it. Koni shortened and re-valved them as "stiff" as they could, and I run with 1000lb rear springs. No it's not ideal, but it still works pretty damn well. That being said though, you'd have to pry my 2812's on my FP Integra out of my cold dead hands.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    My two-time ARRC winning ITA Integra has single adjustable Koni yellows on it. Koni shortened and re-valved them as "stiff" as they could, and I run with 1000lb rear springs. No it's not ideal, but it still works pretty damn well. That being said though, you'd have to pry my 2812's on my FP Integra out of my cold dead hands.
    Thank you for the info. Obviously it works given your great record. Congrats
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

After checking with the engineers at Truechoice Koni Racing they acknowledge
    that the higher spring rate apparently required by the Integra are too much for
    the Phase 4 system. Just thought everyone would like to hear from the manufacturer.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Quote Originally Posted by wepsbee View Post
    After checking with the engineers at Truechoice Koni Racing they acknowledge
    that the higher spring rate apparently required by the Integra are too much for
    the Phase 4 system. Just thought everyone would like to hear from the manufacturer.
    Isn't that what I said?
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    Isn't that what I said?

Oh God, now we have Greg 2.0 .

Except Greg can back it up.

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

You bastard... you killed Kenny!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    Isn't that what I said?
    You started out with it wont work, too soft and if you cannot afford the good stuff you
    shouldnt race. Kinda uppity and against the SCCA credo of "Its for fun, everyone should race and have a good time". What about that thought! Sets some what of a bad tone for further discussion.
    We have seen others race this equipment with good results. The manufacturer is of
    course not going to want anyone to race with components on the edge. Those of us who want to race more often, perhaps not as much as you do, have to pick and chose
    between waiting months to buy a great part or buy a "it will work part" so we can get
    some experience and track time. I would think the tracks would be fairly empty if
    we went by your philosophy.
    I do not have the experience or know how, that is why we ask questions, not to be judged as inferior.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Quote Originally Posted by wepsbee View Post
    You started out with it wont work, too soft and if you cannot afford the good stuff you
    shouldnt race. Kinda uppity and against the SCCA credo of "Its for fun, everyone should race and have a good time". What about that thought! Sets some what of a bad tone for further discussion.
    We have seen others race this equipment with good results. The manufacturer is of
    course not going to want anyone to race with components on the edge. Those of us who want to race more often, perhaps not as much as you do, have to pick and chose
    between waiting months to buy a great part or buy a "it will work part" so we can get
    some experience and track time. I would think the tracks would be fairly empty if
    we went by your philosophy.
    I do not have the experience or know how, that is why we ask questions, not to be judged as inferior.
    I am sorry Dan if I was suggesting you are inferior. That is certainly not the intent. Perhaps Jeff is right and I am bitter as I am quitting racing, but I am trying to help you and the poster be realistic. I know all too well the realities of racing and the cost. It's that very cost and time requirement that made me decide its time to move on (coupled with other things)

The absolute number one thing people, myself included, need is seat time. Jeff's signature is dead on. Shut up and drive. The knuckle head in the seat is where the most time is.

Now if we are going to talk about shocks and where the maximum limits are I can tell you from first hand experience that 700 lbs are about the max you can get out of Koni Yellows. I have been down this road. I had yellows rebuilt numerous times until I paid the bigger money for the 3011's (2812's not yet widely available). In fact I had a set of prototype 3011's to make them work with the Integra.

There are 2 trains of thought when racing... You either buy the good stuff once. Even if that means saving money and not racing or spending twice as much money to get there over time. In my experiences, its better to do it once, but that is something everyone needs to figure out on their own. Kinda like the build vs buy arguement. For what Jeff wants for his complete top of the line Integra you can buy a set of 2812's with springs.

Just my .02
    Last edited by Jeremy Billiel; 08-22-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Griso Gray View Post
    To add Insult to injury sounds like MAM may not reopen ever being flooded all summer I think damaged the track beyond repair.
    Says who?

The track is still under water, which makes it tough to assess the damage to the facility. The water that has flooded it is ground water that has come up from below, not an out-of-the-bank river...which at least means there's no current flowing to erode anything.

Now, what happens with the stability of that saturated floodplain is another question....but until the water goes away, I wouldn't seal the coffin.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    My two-time ARRC winning ITA Integra has single adjustable Koni yellows on it. Koni shortened and re-valved them as "stiff" as they could, and I run with 1000lb rear springs. No it's not ideal, but it still works pretty damn well.
    +1 for the revalved/shortened Yellows... they worked fine on my CRX with 500/700 and Civic with 700/1000.

Are there better options? SURE! Better options for the money? Nope.

All my $0.02 and that stuff.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear