Quote Originally Posted by Griso Gray View Post
Ohh no underdrive pulley was talking about the tensioner. YES bad things happen w/o a dampened crank pulley.
I have never experienced this. Honda/Acura engines are internally balanced, so a balancer and/or harmonic damper is not necessary. Bob, the article you linked to is nice, but remember it is from a company that makes harmonic dampers. Unorthodox Racing will have a similar article about why a solid damper is OK (which, technically you shouldn't necessarily believe either since they sell solid dampers). Get out to the track and talk to other racers to get the real story. Bob is pretty experienced, so he may have some personal experience to supplement his suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Griso Gray View Post
I dont think it would pass tech anyways did not see it mentioned in the GCR.
Tech doesn't really care about your damper and if your engine blows up, only safety and legality. Since you haven't posted a desired class, I can't say if a solid pulley is legal. Crank pulleys are free in IT now (only the drive type must remain stock). If you post a desired class, there are plenty of people on here knowledgable about SCCA and/or MC classes, and would be happy to help you with rules questions.