Thread: Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 5 at Pocono

Default Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 5 at Pocono

Registration is open for Round 5 at Pocono with the NESCCA Double National

Supps ... Register ... Entry List

Qualify and race on Saturday

See ya at the races

Terry

Hi Terry,

Do you know why there isn't an "Entry list"?

Thanks!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I registered and the registration is "pending review" for a while (fee got booked though). Maybe that's why nothing shows up yet?.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

Jeff / Rob

I'm not exactly certain what is happening with the online registration. I was able to register as a worker and to see the entry list before I posted the links above. Since my post I have seen the Pending Review screen some (but not all) of the time. I clicked on the Entry List link when I started this post and got a good return. This list showed five entries for the Pro IT (including Rob) and 24 entries for the NESCCA National.

This is this first event at which the Tri Region Race Group (Pocono organizers) have used the MotorsportsReg online registration system. I suspect that we are seeing teething problems getting started with the system. I saw this morning that the format of the entry list has been significantly improved over the version I saw yesterday which tells me they are addressing their start-up problems. I will attempt to notify the registrar of the problems we have observed.

See ya at the races

Terry

Terry,

Is there no "pay at the track" option?

DZ

Dave

Is there no "pay at the track" option?
    I'm not certain as I am unfamiliar with options in MotorsportsReg. You should be able to get information from Eunice Gerstein, the Tri Region Registrar. Her contact information is in the event supps.

Terry

Dave

I talked with Eunice this evening. She told me that it is Tri Region's policy and intent to accept payments at the track. She did not personally setup the event on MotorsportsReg so she is not certain how it looks (or how it is supposed to work). If there are any problems, give her a call or send her an email and she will help you out.

She also said that she is working with MotorsportsReg to resolve any issues with the entry list.

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for asking. When I went in it showed that checks and credit cards would be charged immediatly. I'll look again in a few days if I don't get Eunice first.

DZ

I did not get a "pay at the track" option and just decided processed my registration online payed with my CC for the $50 early reg savings. Entry list looks REALLY light right now, only 13 ProIT entries (gulp). I hope they're more folks that show up at the day of the event.

Mickey
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Terry, I can't go no matter what but I heard a lot of negative feedback about turn one. Maybe you can confirm if it will back to the "old way" where you can carry a ton of speed into the turn rather than the way it was this year with the heavy breaking and sharp turn. I bet a few are on the fence depending on track configuration. Again this was just feedback that I heard, I can't go either way

Stephen

The problem with Turn 1 was that every driver did not like it and thought it was more dangerous.
    If you watch my video from that race I had to go 4 wheels through the mud every lap racing side by side. all complaints fell on deaf ears. This is a business, make the customer unhappy and see if they return.
    watch at 6:35 in video but every lap was like that.
    http://vimeo.com/23596077
    Kevin Anderson

Most feedback is that Pocono is incredibly boring. Stupid fast. I vote for two infields.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

^ so, wait... what are you suggesting about NASCAR tracks?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by rthiele View Post
    Most feedback is that Pocono is incredibly boring. Stupid fast. I vote for two infields.
    Althought I'm all up for a handling track like Mid Ohio I also like a high speed handling track like Nelson Ledges and Lime Rock (which I've never been to but have see and heard about) too. I sure we would hear a protest from Ben. That also means we would have to learn the new configuration in a 30 min qualifying. just something to ponder...

I've run the South Course at Pocono and it's kinda fun actually. Running both the North and South courses together wouldn't make the place particularly exciting, but it would add some flash to an otherwise-boring place.

Dan, quit being old, man! Try something new once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Dan, quit being old, man! Try something new once in a while...
    LOL GA!! Byte Me!! I've been doing this long enough if they want to run it backwards I'll be up for it. I'm usually pretty good about learning tracks, I just wanted to point out that everyone will have to learn the new track in only a 30 minute qualifying run. No matter what everyone will be in the same boat.

GA, will the car be ready and will you be @ Pocono?

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I've been doing this long enough if they want to run it backwards I'll be up for it.
    Then you should already know that we're already running it backwards! We originally used to run this track the other direction, and without the "back straight" chicane. Made for a lot of fun L1 heading into Devil's Elbow...!

...everyone will have to learn the new track in only a 30 minute qualifying run.
    That's whatcha gotta do anyway at any new track, you old fart!

will the car be ready and will you be @ Pocono?
    Negatory, good buddy. I have the head enroute to Blake Meredith as we speak (hurry up, Mr FedEx!) but it'll take some time for diagnosis, parts ordering, prep, and shipping. My goal right now it to try and make NJMP later in the month; if I miss that then we're looking to get back to the Glen for the Fun One, then maybe VIR in October...?

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Then you should already know that we're already running it backwards! We originally used to run this track the other direction, and without the "back straight" chicane. Made for a lot of fun L1 heading into Devil's Elbow...!

I never ran it that way Greg. When i used to run AMA with my TZ250 somewhere between 1978- 1980 @ Pocono we used the same course as they do today.

That's whatcha gotta do anyway at any new track, you old fart!

I guess I am an old fart, I just don't feel old most of the time. :026:

Negatory, good buddy. I have the head enroute to Blake Meredith as we speak (hurry up, Mr FedEx!) but it'll take some time for diagnosis, parts ordering, prep, and shipping. My goal right now it to try and make NJMP later in the month; if I miss that then we're looking to get back to the Glen for the Fun One, then maybe VIR in October...?
    GA
    That's a shame I hope you get it back on the track soon. I'd love to see it running and I'd like to hear what the diagnosis was.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    That's a shame I hope you get it back on the track soon. I'd love to see it running and I'd like to hear what the diagnosis was.
    Hmmm, I'd bet the diagnosis is that you have to remember it's not a rotary and it has an actual redline, beyond which, reciprocating weights go exponential, and things go boing!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Boy does the butt-end of that wall loom large in that config...

Mow down the cones on the first lap...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967