Thread: Acura Integra ECU options

Default Acura Integra ECU options

Just starting to research options for 1991 Acura Integra and Stand alone ECU's. Any opinions on Hondata vs Holtech? Any other options? Tx
    Denise VanBuren

No experience with Haltech but Hondata is "the easy button". Well supported on the Internet, too.

Assuming your computer is stock right now, the 90-91 Integra's were ODB0 (or more correctly non-OBD). You will need to get at least an OBD1 ECU to support the Hondata S300 (any OBD1 will work, doesn't have to be an Integra one). If you want to use your stock wiring harness, then you need the OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness. When using an OBD1 ECU, you will also need an OBD1 distributor (get the Honda/Acura OEM). This will also require a conversion harness since the plugs are different shape (or if you are good with wiring it is only like 8 wires to do yourself).

I just got an OBD1 Civic ECU with Hondata S300 and OBD1 94-95 Integra distributor (along with the conversion harness). Works nicely and anyone that knows anything about tuning Honda's knows Hondata. I got all my stuff from http://xenocron.com/.
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra

Thanks for the info...will read up on it!
    Denise VanBuren

Default Motec M84

Motec M84 is a very nice choice too a bit on the expensive side but the datalogging and data output plus Widband functions are probably worth the extra money.

AEM is a good choice as well would have to get a obd0 to obd1 or 2 converter harness to make it work.

Would steer away from any of the "OLD" Halltechs the few that i have delt with were a PITA.

Hondata is probably the best choice but would require a OBD1 ECU and a 93+ Distributor along with the adaptor harness or connectors. You can get new connectors with wires for around $80 if you dont want to go the converter harness route.

There is a TON of info out there on Honda ECU's and what is needed to make the 86-91 work with a standalone.

Revived from the dead.

I am new to IT and trying to understand the rules. Is the distributor conversion legal in IT?

"Any ignition system which utilizes the original distributor for
    spark timing and distribution is permitted. Internal distributor
    components and distributor cap may be substituted."

Did I miss an update in Fastrack?
    Last edited by darbyfam; 11-22-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darbyfam View Post
    Is the distributor conversion legal in IT?
    Since all non-VTEC '90-'93 'Tegs are on the same spec line, components are interchangeable. - GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Since all non-VTEC '90-'93 'Tegs are on the same spec line, components are interchangeable. - GA
    Thank you. But this would NOT be legal on a 91 CRX, right?

Quote Originally Posted by darbyfam View Post
    Thank you. But this would NOT be legal on a 91 CRX, right?
    Not unless those parts were available on the 1988-1991 CRX Si. Which, I'm guessing, they were not.