Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Dave, I love ya, and I know you're speaking for the folks who run things, and you're just the messenger, but...

When the Washington PTB put ITR into big bore, it was like shooting all the ITR drivers. They either quit racing, took their car elsewhere, or moved to another class. (For the most part)
The ITR drivers were collateral damage. ITS were put into Big Bore for valid reasons when DC consolidated run groups to allow for Saturday racing and ITR was swept up.

ITS was moved mid season because the pairing with Big Bore wasn't working for the very reasons that IT didn't want the class. The powers that be decided that potentially writing off ITB car was better than potentially writing off a GT car. ITR should have been moved at the time, but wasn't. The classes that were impacted by the change certainly weren't going to stand up and ask for it and I don't know if ITR asked for it, but chances are the DR wasn't even there.

As for the complaints regarding speed differentials -- would you like a Brie or a Swiss? The Gap between ITR and ITC is very similar to the gap between GT1 and ITR.