Thread: The demise of ITR at WDC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by yannisalex2000 View Post
    ITR IS the biggest fish in the IT pond and should be treated that way.
    So get 12 of your bretheren together and perhaps the Region will merge you with IT-S and you'll get what you so rightly deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    So get 12 of your bretheren together and perhaps the Region will merge you with IT-S and you'll get what you so rightly deserve.
    ITR/ITS... GET IT?Same drivers rep same paddock area, cars eligible to race either.I had decided not to bring my ITR car back to SP but I think I am going to change my mind and do exactly what you suggested.

Chuck - by that way of thinking EP, FP, GTL, & SPU should also all be running with big bore, as none of them has put even half a dozen cars out this year, and all of them are faster classes than ITR. Add STU once we get a real full-tilt car from that new class, because if they're not faster than ITR something is wrong. I'm sure the GTP drivers will thank you for that too.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Chuck - by that way of thinking EP, FP, GTL, & SPU should also all be running with big bore, as none of them has put even half a dozen cars out this year, and all of them are faster classes than ITR. Add STU once we get a real full-tilt car from that new class, because if they're not faster than ITR something is wrong. I'm sure the GTP drivers will thank you for that too.
    Earl, did you not watch the Middle Bore race at Summit last weekend? These exact classes had an excellent race and finished for the most part on the same lap.
    BB is a catch-all group for many higher HP classes with low entries. Combining appropriate classes in BB and MB groupings makes sense based on the number of cars that show up in those classes these days.
    I have no problem with IT-R moving to a group with say IT-S when they can bring their numbers up. But to invade the IT-A or IT-B/IT-S race groupings right now doesn't make sense for the Region just to satisfy an ego.

Earl, did you not watch the Middle Bore race at Summit last weekend? These exact classes had an excellent race and finished for the most part on the same lap.
    BB is a catch-all group for many higher HP classes with low entries. Combining appropriate classes in BB and MB groupings makes sense based on the number of cars that show up in those classes these days.
    I have no problem with IT-R moving to a group with say IT-S when they can bring their numbers up. But to invade the IT-A or IT-B/IT-S race groupings right now doesn't make sense for the Region just to satisfy an ego.
    Chuck - I agree 100%, if the only reason for moving them is to satisfy someone's ego then screw that. I race a Nissan with a truck engine in ITA (sometimes) therefore I'm not allowed to have an ego. My rationale for moving them is a little different. First, I just don't believe ITR is a good fit with GTx, ITE, AS, or T1. Those are all high HP classes (I realized everyone has a different definition of high HP) with cars that haul ass down the straights and then park in the corners; ITR cars (at least the faster ones) don't work that way. The highest HP cars in ITR should be in the mid-upper 200s, many are in the low 200s.

Second, ITR (see also the ST classes) is fairly new, and IMO we should be doing what we can to encourage the growth of the new classes. I know a lot of people will disagree with that, believing we already have too many classes or feeling that no class should get preferential treatment, but I just don't see where grouping classes so as to discourage people from participating in them makes any sense at all. That's just my opinion. If not for the fact that Dave would yell at me I would suggest that small bore is a much better place for ITR, but I don't, so I won't, but suffice it to say that I think there are several other groups more compatible with ITR than big bore.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5