Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cam timing?

** Insert inference about the absence of some fast cars - from a variety of places - not going to the ARRC **

...Any Volvo that runs to 7400rpm, has the wrong valve springs, the wrong cam, etc. The same as any Mk 3 VW. IMHO.
    Couldn't agree more. We upshift at 6K because while it will pull a few hundred more revs, it makes less power. I think the rev limit on our chip is something like 7500 but I've NEVER seen it, except for once on a really slow start when I forgot to upshift out of 2nd. <blush>

K

"The rules are fine as written in this respect. I have built the Volvos with the cheater cams that where deamed legal, when clearly they were meant to use all of the cam timing available."

A pretty neat trick when the FSM gives a checking procedure that resolves to a half (.5*) a degree! (and I've spec'd enough 142E cams to buy a digital recording dial gauge including BHPs)

"This is amateur racing. For fun. Folks that intentionally do stuff that are outside the rules don't get it, and are part of "the problem", even if there is no way to get caught" Excellent and true! It is satisfying to think and create outside the box, but cheating is not one of them!!
    Last edited by pfcs; 07-11-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    phil hunt