Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you compete in a series that doesn't require a competition license?

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    I run with SCCA only. With what I know about safety and how events are run, I won't even run with any 'for profit' organization. Most folks don't feel this way - but I do.

I'd like to see more 'effort' needed to get a comp. license as it is....

I agree with this.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    Gotta say, you're being a bit selective.

The highest finishing ITS car at the last Hallett race finished between two ITB cars... Chris Albin and myself. The only ITR car in the race was even further back.
    Well yeah.. I spent a whole 3 min of research there. I was making a point... Some of the local DE clubs used to use me as the "If you can catch this Maxima in your Viper, then we'll move you up a class."
    so how does a daily-driven Volvo 142 compare to your lap times? And isn't a Volvo just a Swedish Maxima, anyway? :P

Quote Originally Posted by PDoane View Post
    I was worried about this when I did my first LeMons race (PBIR New Year's), but they are so Penalty Heavy for any contact or off track excursion anyone who goes "crazy" is quickly off the track. There were lots of drivers out there that couldn't find an apex if their life depended on it, but they weren't doing anything crazy.
    Yup.. last race I drove in, I was passing one of those non-apex-finders on the outside and got into the marbles and shrapnel off-line.. of course I drifted a bit wide and wound up in the grass. I never had to slow below about 50 and was able to continue with no issues. SCCA would have simply noted it in the book as a 4-off-and-continued. With LeMons, I was black flagged and spent 20 min in the pits being publicly humiliated.
    You do something more sinister like spin on-track in front of someone, you spend a minimum of 30 min in the pits. actually hit someone and you spend a lot more time off the track. spin/wreck/whatever three times in a day and you put the car on the trailer.
    How many of you guys have run 6 hours on a crowded track without spinning or bumping someone at least once? Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 07-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I am more concerned with the sanctioning body, its safety standards, how they are enforced, etc. then with a piece of paper that says someone is licensed to race. A crappy SCCA region that overlooks contact and has a good 'ol boy network is scarier then a open track day group that sends aggressive jerks home immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    You gotta prollem with Maximas on a race track?
    I don't have an issue with any car turned into a race car. It's the drivers who are barely competent enough to operate a motor vehicle on a street who think it's a great idea to go racing. The folks who don't know the difference between a Toyota and a Ferrari. Those are the folks I don't want to race with.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
    I don't have an issue with any car turned into a race car. It's the drivers who are barely competent enough to operate a motor vehicle on a street who think it's a great idea to go racing. The folks who don't know the difference between a Toyota and a Ferrari. Those are the folks I don't want to race with.
    So, when did Ron or Flavio call you up.

Russ
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Myers View Post
    So, when did Ron or Flavio call you up.

Russ