Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spec lines and variants of a car

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Under this intorturtation, all UD/BD is illegal because NO car that wasn't as delivered for it's model year or 100% converted to another trim level wouldn't meet the thought process... Actually rendering the rule moot, no?
    I'm on record agreeing with that:

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but if update/backdate is not itself the intent - to allow later assemblies (update) from the specline to be used with older assemblies or in older cars or vice versa (backdate) - than what is the point of having that statement at all?
    The letter is in response to some of the seasoned vets DISAGREEING with the common interpretation - and I think that the rule needs to be tightened up to clarify the changing paradigm to the vets, or to clarify the intent to the masses who read it as we do.

I suspect, and hope, that the interpretation will open, not tighten, with the caveat that some speclines will need to break apart. how many depends on where the line between UD/BD and a new model is determined to be.

What Andy said.

The ITAC can completely control the make/model-level implications by the judicious use of spec lines. No need to go all clarificationy on the situation.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    What Andy said.

The ITAC can completely control the make/model-level implications by the judicious use of spec lines. No need to go all clarificationy on the situation.

K
    if it is clarified then it's easier to book keep in the long run, as most speclines will not be affected. a sof right now we have significant disagreement between a number of "go to" people. yeah, the bulk of memeber ship I know of read it as Andy and myself, but a rule that isn't clear should be fixed. it can only help.