Thread: July Sprints Round 4 Pro-it Test Registration Open

Thumbs up July Sprints Round 4 Pro-it Test Registration Open

Registration now open for July Sprints, Round 4 Pro-it, and info on the Friday Test Day! You are able to register(at Track only) Friday am 6-10 am for Regional and Pro-it to complete online entry. T
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Where is it posted? I tried the DLB site but I couldn't find it.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Where is it posted? I tried the DLB site but I couldn't find it.

Stephen
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/ Now used for most SCCA events DLB used by New Jersey and WDCR . You will need to set up account . T
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Pro IT at the Glen - last year's most popular event

Supps ... Register ... Entry List

See ya at the races

Terry

I tried registering but it is asking for credit card information. Any way to do it without entering my credit card online?

Is it true that I only get 4 crew members regardless of how many entries I pay? Each time I shell out $300 bucks I think I should get 4 free crew people, no?

Stephen

Stephen

I tried registering but it is asking for credit card information. Any way to do it without entering my credit card online?

Is it true that I only get 4 crew members regardless of how many entries I pay? Each time I shell out $300 bucks I think I should get 4 free crew people, no?
    The Registrar for the event is Barb Luther. She does not monitor this BBS but she can be reached by email at [email protected] She will be able to answer your questions regarding the online registration. Please be aware that this is the first event that the Glen Region is using MotorsportsReg so there may be a couple of rough edges in the setup.

See ya at the races

Terry

Regions in NEDiv have been allowing you to select "pay by check" and write the check at the registrar window...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Regions in NEDiv have been allowing you to select "pay by check" and write the check at the registrar window...
    some do some don't
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

When I signed up there was no option to pay at the track.
    Jerry
    NER South

A friend and I are thinking about heading up and racing,we're both from Maryland so it is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm guessing the $300 includes both days of racing, but how much does the test day cost? My friend said, "it sounds like a lot of money to go up there and get our asses kicked." I'm just trying to see if it is worth the cost to head up and race at an awesome track. I do like that the race day is over at noon, makes it easier to drive home.

Thanks,
    Steven
    1989 ITA Honda Civic Si
    Washington D.C. Region

Quote Originally Posted by SMac92 View Post
    A friend and I are thinking about heading up and racing,we're both from Maryland so it is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm guessing the $300 includes both days of racing, but how much does the test day cost? My friend said, "it sounds like a lot of money to go up there and get our asses kicked." I'm just trying to see if it is worth the cost to head up and race at an awesome track. I do like that the race day is over at noon, makes it easier to drive home.

Thanks,
    Steven
    dude you gotta drive the Glen.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Test Day is $275.00 Payable credit card or Cash

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    dude you gotta drive the Glen.
    I'll second that. This is a track you MUST drive. Well worth the money.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Hamilton: Watkins Glen ‘like the Nordschleife’
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/06/1...-nordschleife/

Lewis Hamilton described the Watkins Glen circuit as “absolutely fantastic” after driving it for the first time on Tuesday.

Hamilton compared the track to Germany’s celebrated 14-mile Nürburgring Nordscleife, which he drove two years ago...
    A bit of hyperbole, but I'm with him.

GA, gonna be at the "American Ring" this next month...

If someone determines if it's possible to pay at the track for the race please post it here. I was going to register but don't want the funds to come out yet.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    If someone determines if it's possible to pay at the track for the race please post it here. I was going to register but don't want the funds to come out yet.
    I hope this is public info, but I traded emails with the registrar and she indicated that "no credit cards are run before race weekend", they're only collected during registration, so 'pay at the track' is available.

GA

I've been wanting to go up there since my Dad starting racing again. I don't think I can spend all that money just for an hour of track time though, I gotta save some money for school. I'll just enjoy it on iRacing for now I guess.

Steven
    1989 ITA Honda Civic Si
    Washington D.C. Region

I don't think I can spend all that money just for an hour of track time
    The two races at the track is just the beginning. The Glen area is just awesome!! Hell, I'm planning on going up on Thursday with the family, not doing the Friday test day to enjoy the area. The Watkins Glen Gorge, the beautiful lake with restaurants right on it (still haven't tried out the tiki bar), German restaurant that tGA's wife found, wineries, cool fresh local brew....okay, I could go on. If it weren't for the winters, I'd seriously consider moving there.

Yes, school is more important but...

Thanks Greg, I did not realize that.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I hope this is public info, but I traded emails with the registrar and she indicated that "no credit cards are run before race weekend", they're only collected during registration, so 'pay at the track' is available.

GA
    Greg, Is correct you can input your card info to complete entry but until you get to the registration window no charge will be made against the card if you chose to pay by check or cash. TW

Default Other Things to Do/see

Glen Motor iinn on west side of Lake run by The Franzese family a SCCA racer and supporter of the Glen Region with along racing history. The Research Museum in town. Mr Chicken for Picinics. The Gorge in the glen. as Dan said neat time for entire family.