Thread: Looking for an ITS / ITR E36 BMW

Default Looking for an ITS / ITR E36 BMW

Hi.

I'm new to the community and actually new to the USA. I'm looking to join IT racing and am actively looking for a car. Im located in the North East but would be happy to source a good car from a distance.

I'm mostly interested in running an e36 BMW and would really appreciate any thoughts, opinions or references for cars that may be available.

Looking forward to becoming an active member here and to meeting many of you out on the track (I'll be the beginner at the back of the pack :-))

Many thanks
    John

John,
    Welcome to IT and the North East!! Besides the classifides here check out SCCA.com too. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Hello John,

I'm sure you won't have to look far to find a race car. Lots of BMW racers in the NER. Here are some resources you might be interested in using.

For BMW specific talk, you should visit Bimmerforums:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/index.php

Finally, for looking up part numbers, I find RealOEM to be a valuable resource:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Thanks for the welcome Jeff. I'ts been a while since I checked out SCCA.com, I'll do that again today.

Cheers
    John

John, there was a very well turned out one for sale at SARRC/MARRS this year at VIR (back in early May). I think it was from the DC Region. Maybe check their board and see if it is still for sale?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks Jeff. Good recommendation. I've checked out their adds section and don't see anything listed, so perhaps that one has already sold. I'll also check some of the other local regional sites in that area to see if I find anything.

John,

I sent you a pm. I have a 93 325is for sale. It was built by Bimmerworld. It has run in SCCA, NASA and PBOC. Car won NASA Florida Region GTS 2 championship in 2007, 08, 09 & 10.
    Call me. 561-252-0443 for details or email [email protected]. Photos are available. Also complete list of equipment is available.

Looks like you found one, congratulations and see you at the Glen John!

In case someone else is also looking for an ITS/R car: I hear that Tyler Munroe is looking to sell his.
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com