Thread: Help us plan for next year, I need Input!!

Default Help us plan for next year, I need Input!!

We are already looking forward and planning for next year's Heart of Dixie Race at Nashville and I need YOUR help. For those of you that did not attend, would you prefer an earlier date? Say March-April? or a later date say maybe in October-November?

I have heard complaints about how "front loaded" the SEDIV schedule is and we are trying to find a date for 2012 that does not conflict with US F1 race, June Sprints, NASA RA race, etc. but we would like some input from the racers.

I need to hear your comments. We have a meeting coming up and we need to try and find a spot in the SEDIV schedule that better fits the racers of our region.

What other things would you like to see at our race? We are discussing the ECR. Participation in it has been minimal and we are wondering if we should continue it. Driver's school has been discussed, perhaps a single. We already offer worker training on Friday Night.

What say the racers of SEDIV??
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

What? No opinions from this group? For what it is worth, ALL options are on the table. We are looking at alternate dates, alternate courses, etc.

Would you like to run NSS and use NASCAR 3-4 and drop the busstop? How about drop the infield section and run NASCAR 1-2 and then the bus stop? Or how about we run just the oval?

We want to keep racing at NSS and make it more attractive so more drivers will come see how much fun this track can really be. We understand about towing distance and why we don't see more of the guys from Florida, etc but heck we had racers from Texas this year.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

my two cents.

* Grand Am races at Daytona and Homestead use the NASCAR banking. NSS doesnt have a course so far as I can tell where you race in the infield and use both sets of banking as well. I'd suggest using the current course plus the NASCAR 3 and 4.

* When does the weather warm up in the spring and get too cold in the fall for racing?
    Could you get a May or September date?

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

WE are going to move south next year. Having lived in the south for some years and raced in summer weather, I would rather look into the fall for an open weekend. A lot of events early on but little later. I would prefer having more cool weather options like Prod Fest at VIR!

In September, you've got Barber the first weekend, and CMP the 3rd. CMP is Carolina Cup, though, so you might pull more Georgia folks that are running the SARRC. October you've got the SIC at Roebling the 2nd weekend, and VIR has 2 races on 2 consecutive weekends at the end of the month. Nothing at Road Atlanta or CMP that month, so you might draw a crowd from those that don't want to tow to south Georgia or Virginia. November is really empty, if you don't mind coming after the ARRC.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

Late season you get folks that are either financially broke for the season or the car is too beat up, tires too worn out to do one more race weekend. I think the track layout is fine as is. If we were to have a race using nascar turns and only dip into the infield for the busstop then little puny cars like mine would be struggling to keep up. Maybe a different track configuration for those classes with higher horsepower?
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata