Thread: Final drive?

Default Final drive?

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a SR20de LSD manual trans with the original 4.16 final drive and since this will be raced at ITA there has been a new number of final drives that came out for the SR as options a new 4.78 came out from MAZWORX and some Australian vendor has a 5.00 final drive and the regular known 4.44 from the local Nissan dealer and my question is which of dose final drives will be a better all around final drive? I don’t want to go overkill on this also a new LSD is on the plans since the NISMO is now extinct What are the options besides the expensive carbonetics from JGY?

I ran the 4.44 on my NX2000 and it worked fine. Best part is that it's OEM/JDM parts and easily available from Nissan Motorsports (I was the one that researched and found those JDM numbers; they come from the SR16VE-equipped Suny Lucino with the "mountain" close-ratio transaxle). About $300 or so from Nissan.

BTW, while the NisMo LSD is no longer made, "NisMo" has a grassroots motorsports support program, offering contingencies for National racing and key events, not to mention VERY attractive pricing on parts as well as access to JDM stuff. Send an email to [email protected] for more info.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I ran the 4.44 on my NX2000 and it worked fine. Best part is that it's OEM/JDM parts and easily available from Nissan Motorsports (I was the one that researched and found those JDM numbers; they come from the SR16VE-equipped Suny Lucino with the "mountain" close-ratio transaxle). About $300 or so from Nissan.

BTW, while the NisMo LSD is no longer made, "NisMo" has a grassroots motorsports support program, offering contingencies for National racing and key events, not to mention VERY attractive pricing on parts as well as access to JDM stuff. Send an email to [email protected] for more info.

GA
    thanks

GA
    You wouldn't have a P/N available would you?
    Enjoy,
    Bill

32241-2N509
    38101-2N509

If you're not part of the NisMo program, you can buy them from Greg Vogel:

http://gspec.com/p-4870-444-gear-rat...wlsd-only.aspx

32241-2N509
    38101-2N509

If you're not part of the NisMo program, you can buy them from Greg Vogel:

http://gspec.com/p-4870-444-gear-rat...wlsd-only.aspx
    Thanks, call placed. I have a Nissan dealer sponsor who gives me really good prices
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by EV View Post
    Thanks, call placed. I have a Nissan dealer sponsor who gives me really good prices
    Unfortunately, your local dealer will be unable to get these. They're JDM part numbers, so they're not in Nissan's US parts system. Unless your dealer has some magical access to JDM parts, your sources will be NisMo or Vogel... - GA

Unless your dealer has some magical access to JDM parts, your sources will be NisMo or Vogel... - GA
    Call received... they do :026: I better get on it, supplies are limited...

EDIT:Ordered...

Thanks for the help Greg...
    Last edited by EV; 07-15-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Enjoy,
    Bill