Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watkins Glen July sprints reg confusion

...and STL is still not listed as an option...

No soup for you!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    No soup for you!
    Oh, don't worry, it'll be there, even if it requires a protest on-site.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ...and STL is still not listed as an option...
    Greg, do believe the race chairs are working through the hoops to get added.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Thanks, Tom.

I'm actually looking into writing an article for SportsCar, to improve awareness of Super Touring in general, and Super Touring Light specifically. There's a lot of folks that are completely unaware of that new class... - GA

Well...I have it on good authority that as of this morning, 2 of the 3 SOM (Stewards of the Meet) agreed to an RFA (Request of Action) to add STL to Race Group 5. SOM #3 off fishing someplace. Majority rules, etc.

So I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRW View Post
    Well...I have it on good authority that as of this morning, 2 of the 3 SOM (Stewards of the Meet) agreed to an RFA (Request of Action) to add STL to Race Group 5. SOM #3 off fishing someplace. Majority rules, etc.

So I hear.
    Why would this need to be such a big deal?
    Jeremy Billiel

Call it SM9 and you'll good to go.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    Why would this need to be such a big deal?
    'Cause the supps are filed and approved with Topeka for each race. Since the supps for this race did not include STL, and it's listed as a Restricted Regional, it would be perfectly "legal" for them to tell STL competitors to stuff it (which I learned AFTER my post above. Had it been approved as a regular Regional, I would have had a leg to protest on).

I sincerely appreciate the efforts!

This was a simply misunderstanding, a lack of knowledge of the new class. I have volunteered/been volunteered to write a CRB column for an upcoming SportsCar, where I'll talk about Super Touring in general and STL in particular, so that such misunderstandings will be minimized...

For all you sub 2.01-liter cars looking to double-dip, enter STL, not STU, you numbnuts!!!

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I have volunteered/been volunteered to write a CRB column for an upcoming SportsCar, where I'll talk about Super Touring in general and STL in particular, so that such misunderstandings will be minimized...
    GA
    In unrelated news Sportscar announces first ever double issue due to overwhelming volume of copy submitted. :026:
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRW View Post
    Just got notified via email that STL is now available for entries on MotorsportsReg. So if anyone is looking to double-dip, now's your chance.

Unfortunately, as you noted above it looks like they added it to Group 5 (I had requested to the co-chairs to add it to Group 3). This means we're going to have to withdraw Jeremy's STU entry so I can enter STL, leaving him with just Pro-IT...this whole situation has been confusing enough for everyone so I'm not going to press it, but it represents lost (and free) revenue for Glen Region...even moreso that other participants in the largest Group 5 can't double-dip into STL (e.g., ITA, ITS RX-7s and Miatae)...

GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 07-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.

pooh...

Group 5 entries stand at 39 cars. wow this will be interesting.
    ITA: 15, ITR: 8, ITS: 10, STL: 4, STU: 2
    Last edited by mossaidis; 07-14-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

To add to the confusion/hassles for this event...

I was told via email that "no cards would be charged before the event", that I could pay for the event via check when I arrived. I posted this info here on this forum (somewhere). Much to my significant dismay, after registering I see that my credit card has been charged for the event entry, which really, really, really pisses me off (I do not use my credit card for race entries).

This dysfunction with MotorsportsReg has gone well beyond silly, it's getting downright stupid. Someone at MotorsportsReg needs to spend some time to show ALL registrars -- one-by-one if necessary -- how to use this system so we can use it correctly. Effective immediately, I am no longer using MotorsportsReg until these issues are resolved, I'll simply show up at the registration window with a filled in registration form and a check.

I'd much rather pay a late fee each time that deal with this.

GA

We at NER will always offer"Pay at the track"
    Jerry
    NER South

Group 5 looks very interesting from my perspective, all the "look up to" drivers
    on the track with some very fast cars!! Gonna be fun!!!!
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94