Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
Diff coolers would be OK if they were limited to 5 psi or less circulating pumps. Anything else opens big can of worms that Kirk sees.

The rear gears on the GA RX8's would die very quickly before we went to the diff and trans coolers with low pressure circulating pumps. One ITR guy changes out to run SCCA sprints but will not run the longer races at $2500 per weekend for gears. No cover mods needed, just in the fill and out the drain plug.
Steve,

This is for my RX8 with a Grand-AM rear end. Do you happen to know the temperature that is acceptable before they do die? How long before you guys started seeing failures? Was it length of time on track per session, or time on track total? Did changing the diff oil more frequently help... is it needed every session, weeknd, or season? Do you have any suggestions on the best Diff fluid that I should use?

Stephen

PS: I TOTALLY agree that the allowance of a diff coller would allow me to have a competitive advantage over others simply by allowing me to run this rear end safely without the gamble I am going to take. This is why I asked if it was within what others thought was the philosophy of the class. We are allowed to do anything to the rear end which is within the philosophy of the class, this allowance just makes those modifications we are allowed to do more reliable.

Thanks for everyones opinions.