Quote Originally Posted by Mrsideways View Post
Greg.... 2 things I'm against Wide Open non-usdm engines because it makes to many options that lots don't think about.
...and others are against Frankenstein engines because it makes too many options that many don't think about.

But I'm ok with it on a CASE by CASE basis just like the frankenstien motors.
...and we actually proposed case by case allowance of JDM engines with supporting documentation so it can be classified properly.

See how that all works...?

I also was under the impression that the SR20 was an approved swap for the Nissan's and that this wouldn't effect that because it has already been approved.
The US-spec SR20DE is approved to be fitted into any Nissan chassis. However, that engine - the one I ran in my ITA NX2000 - only came with 140 ponies stock for the USA; our market never got the 189hp variable valve lift (VVL, kinda like VTEC) SR20VE, nor did the US market get the turbocharged version SR20DET. Ergo, without allowances to run non-USDM-spec engines, neither of those engines is compliant to be transplanted into an STU car; competitors are stuck with the 140hp baseline engine only.

GA