This is a follow-on to a thread I started over at RRAX about fuel pressure. I've started looking at ways to pull data from the ECU and eventually do some tuning. The stock 89-90 240SX ECU does not have Consult code and thus you can't really pull data from it easily. I have found a few ways to do this without having to hack in a standalone computer and wanted to see if any folks in the IT community have used any of these and experiences.

- One way is to get a U12 ECU from a 90-92 Stanza that used the KA24E motor. This ECU had Consult capability so you can pull data from it just like any other Consult ECU. The gotcha is that the Stanza ROM stored some of the data in different places so you can't just drop in a 240SX ROM. You gotta start burning your own ROMs or use a ROM emulator.

- NisTune type 1 board. This looks pretty cool and combines a ROM emulator and Consult functionality into one. You connect to it via USB cable and can do realtime tuning with it.

Anybody done anything like this? I know Neal Harrison is using a modified SR20DE ECU in his car (don't know if you still lurk here Neal), but haven't heard of anybody else doing something similar. Doing something like this seems much easier than splicing in a standalone management system. Yeah, a stand alone may be more flexible, but you can probably do 90% of the stuff with the stock ECU or other Nissan ECU.

David