Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July Fastrack Prelim

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    I find this stranger yet because outside if SM/ITA T1 is one of our healthier classes. It's common to see three or four T1 cars in a close battle for the lead with at least 2 or 3 more scattered in the field behind.
    That in itself isn't good, five or seven cars making one of the healthier classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    I find this stranger yet because outside if SM/ITA T1 is one of our healthier classes. It's common to see three or four T1 cars in a close battle for the lead with at least 2 or 3 more scattered in the field behind.

Here in Fla, the opposite is the case. There were 450 cars entered in the regional races at Daytona back in May without a single entrant in T-1. It's interesting to see the differing subscription levels amongst Regions in various parts of the country. It also demonstrates the difficulty in managing the club on a National level. Consolidating Touring and SS seems like an obvious choice at a national level, but it looks like it could have a negative impact on your region depending on how it's implemented.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

That's one of the biggest challenges we face on the ITAC -- regional differences in prep levels and car counts and competitiveness. Makes it hard to judge "data," etc.

In some regions, you routinely have 10, 15 or 20 cars of all different makes in a single class (S, A or . In others, you have a bunch of SMs doubel dipping in ITA and that's it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

In SW div, we usualyl have 5 or 6 ITA cars and one ITB car at each race. Throw in a few SM cars double-entering in ITA and that's it.
    I haven't seen an ITS entry since August.

T1 has 1, maybe 2 cars enter each race. That's about it. T2 has 3 or 4, and T3 has a couple here and there.
    Then we have 25+ SM at every race and usually 20+ SRF.

Prod, GTL, and STU are fairly well subscribed with 3-8 in each class. last race at TWS we had ~45 cars start the small-bore race and that's the biggest group I've seen in the last year.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Matt those numbers are fairly low all around compared to events I attend.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Matt those numbers are fairly low all around compared to events I attend.
    That was part of the point of my post. each region is different. Club Racing in TX just isn't as popular as it used to be while it's going crazy in other parts of the country. If we see 150 entries at an event, we're dancing in the streets. you guys call it a failure if you have less than 200.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

At Lime Rock, with a $400 entry fee, anything less than 175 is a money loser, LOL
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    At Lime Rock, with a $400 entry fee, anything less than 175 is a money loser, LOL
    Yup.. for a weekend, our entries are in the $450 range, depending on early entry or not. I think $425 for a double nat w/ early entry, $475 if you just show up.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    That in itself isn't good, five or seven cars making one of the healthier classes.
    But it's huge when you have a 10-15 car run group. Last weekend we had a five car run group, 1 SRF, 2 FV's, 1 FF, and 1 SF. I think most were on thier way to the June sprints. This isn't unique to Cal-Club/SCCA, VARA's had very dimished numbers too, and BMW club cancelled some races last year. It's been this way the past three or four years.

Oh, the IT group had a total of 24 cars including Naji's who lost third gear and was DNS( 4 T1, 1 ITS, 9 ITA, 1 ITC, 2 HP, 2 S944, 2 SRX-7, 1 SSC, and 1 AS )
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 06-17-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Yikes... sounds like we're in the place to be... will typically have 6-10 ITB cars alone, on-track with another 6-8 ITS cars. Hell, we had as many DSRs last race weekend (5) as SCCA had at Mid-O for their Double National!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com