Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD VW axles

Good points Chris. My reaction was based on the implied (in my mind, I guess) justification aspect.
    To be fair, I'll edit that part out.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Some rules need to change to match reality. (IMHO)
    Yes, we race VWs at 4-5 venues.
    Our soon to race Rocco will have old worn out Lobro joints. It has the offset lower solid bushings, no camber plates tops, and at least two log books now.
    I have taken apart many VW race cars from the Florida area. None have been legal; Re comnpression, cam, flywheel, These parts go on the Chumpcar.
    The same person that built those cars bitched about my cam, I took out the 100$ bill and said to pull both cams. Shut him up , my cam was legal,stock. ( control pressure is way low on this car) and it rumps until it warms up well.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

...I have taken apart many VW race cars from the Florida area. None have been legal; Re comnpression, cam, flywheel
    That's not a rules problem. That's a culture and compliance problem. Full credit to you for forcing the issue!

K

I now have axles for sale. All are 100mm drivers, 90mm outers, All have 4130 inner cages; (no where is the spec of the OE cage).
    IT legal are 400$ per set,( stock ball size)
    Non anal, endurance axles are 350$ per set, on your cores.( loose fit cages/balls/ on both ends.
    FWIW, many replacement axle cores have had many different ball sizes. Only The VW Oe axles( 20yrs old by now) may have the true size balls.
    Purchase one set and also get the FWDracingguide that tells how to center the engine/axles to reduce the axle's bottoming. The axles need some clearance at full bump, or the cage will shatter.
    The first 2 sets have run 20+ hrs in the Chumpcar and the rental Golf. I recommend a regrease @ 20hrs. Open diff, and 10hr welded diff.
    MM
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 07-06-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/