Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Ron believes they put undue stress on the bearing and spindle; I tend to think if you keep the wheel centerline in essentially the same place via an offset any additional stress on the assembly should be minimal.

Thoughts?
Ron is under the impression the wheel centerline wasn't in the original location, that the 1" thick spacers a) adapted to a new bolt pattern and b) increased the track width. If (b) isn't the case then the small amount of mass added won't amount to any stress problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mbuskuhl View Post
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 http://www.teamdynamicsracing.com/pr...Pro-race12.htm - many of the Miata guys run them and so does my RX-7 which has the same bolt pattern as you. About 13lbs or so. Best value for this bolt pattern. Find a dealer you like or call their US phone and inquire
13 lbs is heavier than the Spinwerks pieces at 11 lbs. In fact, the old cheap Koneig wheels I ran on my Z were 13 lbs each and were $450 for four. Heck of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
I think those stock car wheels would look kick-ass on the Mustang!
I'm tending to agree. At first I immediately didn't like them but I could see using them and it turning out well.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleXL240Z View Post
Have you looked at Real wheels? Flat adaptors, with a wide five wheel. Ultra light and very cheap! realwheel.net
I found an aluminum 15x14 wide five wheel that weighed 10.75 lbs!
Those sound pretty good. I'll give those folks a call and see what they have to offer. Never heard of them but thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
Compomotive also offers custom configured wheels that are reasonably light weight, for less than typical multi-piece custom race wheels.

Not quite sure how the looks component has an impact on your lap times...
Man, your car has to look good. Otherwise as Marcus says the domestic iron will be spoiling the look of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
Are Kosei K1 still available? As mentioned previously your bolt pattern is the same as the RX-7 - actually stock Mustang wheels are a porky economy choice for RX-7s.
Still available.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
K1s arent' really that light though are they?

Weight on this car is crtical. 3-4 lbs a wheel would be worth the money to save it, especially unsprung.
According to this chart you're correct, not that light:

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/wheel_weights.html

K1s coming in at 13.5 lbs. While light wheels upfront are a good thing I don't think it'll make any difference at all to the rear with that solid axle. Four more pounds back there, with all the other hardware being added to make it handle well, won't be felt.

The stock Mustang V6 wheels are good candidates for rain wheels so I'll keep those around. But I'll need to invest some coin into eight to twelve race wheels for dry tires. Wheel could easily be the single most expensive component of this ITS Rustang.

I haven't noticed it before but 15" wheel choices are definitely not all that abundant. 17" wheels are far more common.