Opinion from another committee member, via email:

"IT mods are legal with no penalty. Alternate means they cut the pick up points out and started over."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium View Post
So I purchased the parts to duplicate a Ford Racing crate engine. Now that's illegal under the new wording of the rule....
Even with over 400 HP at the crank, I was 15 seconds a lap slower than the vettes and vipers at the Sebring Nationals in January.
Rodney, the philosophy of STO is as an actively-managed big-bore class, limited solely by a power-to-weight ratio. Think A/B Production of yesteryear and/or World Challenge GT of today. If you've truly done everything you can within the STO rules, and you still can't make the power to keep up -- and we're not talking lap times here, we're talking basic power-to-weight -- then I'm pretty confident that the committee would entertain engine allowances to get you closer (heads, etc). But you've got to do your homework first, we won't do it for you.

STO is shaping up to be a truly big-boy, big-bore class. There's some deep pockets building cars there. But if you want to swim in the deep end of Club Racing's big-bore production-based-car pool, that's the place to go... - GA