In another topic I noted that I've been tasked to "clean up" the STCS so that class-specific rules are not within the general section, but within the class-specific sections. an example is from the June 2011 Fastrack where the STCS moved the porting rules from the general Engine section.

To move this process along I'm going to post these changes here for the board to intorturate, kind of a "pre-pre-Fastrack" review, so that if I've made any mistakes in these it can be corrected prior to going to the STAC for approval and forward to the CRB. I should do anywhere from 2-4 of these proposals per month.

Going through these is probably only for the rules nerds in any of us; it'll be dry stuff. But as I noted before, I highly encourage you to read those changes and ensure that I/we have not made a mistake! While these will be vetted by both the STAC and the CRB prior to being published as Technical Bulletins, there's always a chance of mistakes. These are not intended to be rules changes, these are simple re-write of the words (rules changes do not go into effect until the next racing year). If you see anything in there that actually results a rule change, please let me know!

Enjoy!

GA