Thread: WOR Games Results??

Default WOR Games Results??

I'm interested in a report on the ITB races this weekend. Anybody know the scoop?

TIA!
    Dave Ellenwood
    ITB Jetta
    SCCA Ohio Valley Region
    [email protected]

Saturday for ITB:
    1 Dan Hardison
    2 Jim Heckman
    3 Tony Swan
    4 Rob Cox
    - Robert Jennings (also in a swift in ITB but listed in ITC)
    5 Gordon Benson
    6 Simon Ward
    DNS William Stevens

Sunday's Race:
    1 Dan Hardison
    2 Tony Swan
    3 Jim Heckman
    4 Rob Cox
    5 Robert Jennings
    6 Simon Ward
    7 Gordon Benson

Absolutely beautiful weather both days during our sessions and I had a blast running at MO for my first time! Saturday I made too many mistakes and lost the group that I wanted to dice with but on Sunday Bob Jennings and I had a BLAST swapping places for all 19 laps in the swifts !

yup...there's 2 swifts there lol
    Last edited by ribbie78; 05-23-2011 at 05:39 PM.

^ nice shot!
    Ryan Scott
    ITC CRX #23

Sponsors: GoPro, PR Machine Works, SAS, Yoke's Body Shop, Signature Signs
    Great Scott Motorsports
    Rally Team for Dreams

Great weather and hard, clean racing in ITB. The track was a little slow as everyone seemed to be 2-4 seconds off normal pace, but we had a great time. The Western Ohio region did a nice job of keeping everything running smoothly. I can't wait for the ITFest!!!
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Time to update your picture Rob.

Yes, WOR did a nice job. And not just the weather. And lots of good clean racing, even the Miatas.

One small thing I really liked was having pre-printed tech sheets with my info already filled out. That was sweet.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Thanks, everyone! Sounds like a great weekend. The Jetta will be ready for the next M-O regional. We are having the cage beefed-up a bit and having a new clutch and synchros put in. Hopefully it will run as good as it did at Nelson. I look forward to seeing you all this summer.
    Dave Ellenwood
    ITB Jetta
    SCCA Ohio Valley Region
    [email protected]

just want to thank you ITB and ITC guys..........you guys were great! A++++++++ on making my race enjoyable.

Greg Peluso
    05 ITS RX7

Here's part of our 'Swift Battle' lol. I've got a long ways to go to keep up with you fast guys but I had the MOST fun I've ever had on a track swapping places with Bob.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xlpBOYfOtU[/ame]
    Last edited by ribbie78; 05-24-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ribbie78 View Post
    Here's part of our 'Swift Battle' lol. I've got a long ways to go to keep up with you fast guys but I had the MOST fun I've ever had on a track swapping places with Bob.
    GREAT battle between you and Bob. Man, I didn't realize how high you guys rev those Suzukis! Do you shift around 8k rpm? I wish my Honda would make powa up that high.

Based on you avatar pic I thought that you were going to be driving an ITB MR2. I looked for it wanting to stop by and say hi, but didn't realize you were in the Swift. Are you planning on running the ITFest?
    Dan

Where did the Swifts and Swan's Accord come from? New car builds or bought and brought into the region from somewhere else? Either way, awesome to see some new ITB cars show up; it's a great place to play and have a lot of fun!

Rob - very nice video for your first trip to Mid Ohio. It's a tricky track to get down, and real tough to do it consistently. Looks like you're well on your way though.

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post
    The track was a little slow as everyone seemed to be 2-4 seconds off normal pace
    Kind of glad to hear that. I had my ITA car up there about a month ago and couldn't come within two seconds of what I ran at IT Fest last year. The tire wear was also horrendous. Pretty sure it was just because the track sucked that much, but glad to hear it from other people too. How slow were the times? 1:48's?

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post
    I can't wait for the ITFest!!!
    I'm still debating on what I want to drive for that. With IT Fest being on the pro-course, I'm thinking ITA car because it's so much more competitive against the Moser's in that configuration. If I do that, then it's ITB car for the Grand-Am weekend restricted regional.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Where did the Swifts and Swan's Accord come from? New car builds or bought and brought into the region from somewhere else? Either way, awesome to see some new ITB cars show up; it's a great place to play and have a lot of fun!
    It was great to see some new ITB blood. There were 7 ITB cars, 4 of which were new (or at least I've never seen them). Everyone did a great job of racing clean and situational awareness. I hope that continues at the ITFest......

Kind of glad to hear that. I had my ITA car up there about a month ago and couldn't come within two seconds of what I ran at IT Fest last year. The tire wear was also horrendous. Pretty sure it was just because the track sucked that much, but glad to hear it from other people too. How slow were the times? 1:48's?
    I was running consistent low 1:50s on old tires. Best I ran was a 1:49 sumthin' in Sunday's race. Heckman and Swan were running high 1:50s-mid 1:51s. I felt like I should've been pulling down easy 1:47s given the effort I was putting forth. I asked around just to make sure it wasn't my car (since I crunched the LF pretty good Friday afternoon), but everyone seemed to be 2-4 secs off their normal lap times. As a comparison I was running 1:47.5s at the October 2010 WOR Games on the exact same setup/tires.
    Last edited by dhardison; 05-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Dan

Hopefully it's just because it's so early in the season and the track hasn't really been allowed to "rubber-in" following the off-season due to this constant Ohio rain we've had for the past two months. Hope it gets a whole lot better by the double national in 2.5 weeks. Too many damn good races shapping up for that weekend to have a crappy track.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Dan- I'm hoping to make it back out for the Fest. A lot of swifters shift at 8500K but without seeing a dyno I don't feel the benefit of going past 8K lol.

R2- I picked up the swift that was for sale on here a few months ago from Florida and during the winter months freshened it up with some rattle cans. I'm not mechanically inclined but I feel my cars should look good even if it's being pushed on the trailer (the car DIED on the cool down lap after Sundays race) ...so I'll be running the MR2 this weekend at Nelson.

The other (light blue) swift Bob picked up and I believe it was an old show room stock racer. The plate on the back is legit since he drove it to the track and raced it lol. It's still fully carpeted with functional radio. He was playing BobFM on the grid.

Hopefully it's just because it's so early in the season and the track hasn't really been allowed to "rubber-in" following the off-season due to this constant Ohio rain we've had for the past two months. Hope it gets a whole lot better by the double national in 2.5 weeks. Too many damn good races shapping up for that weekend to have a crappy track.
    The best I ran on Sat. in my ITR/STU Mustang was a 1:46.1, two-tenths off my fastest time at the 2010 IT Fest. On Sun. I could only muster a 1:48.6. Not sure why, but my new, heat-cycled Purples had little tread left on the fronts after Sat. I switched fronts/rears to no avail for Sun, but the treadwear wasn't as bad...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Looks like they got their Robs and Bobs confused in the description.....

http://www.wor-games.com/road_racing....php?story=210

Dan

The Saturday party was a lot of fun. Free beer is good.

Quote of the night: "Scott, are you trying to show us your junk?"
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.