Thread: In Sanford FL, Seeking to Start a ChumpCar Enduro Team, $eeking Driver$

Default In Sanford FL, Seeking to Start a ChumpCar Enduro Team, $eeking Driver$

The Chump Car rules look very good, 10 years ago I ran an IT Team in the South East ECR. I was Team Owner/Driver/Fabricator/Mechanic. I'm looking for a few Drivers to run some of the 24 hour races in the South East.

Thanks Craig. also, Thanks, IT . com

Looks like ChumpCar has already "jumped the shark" if teams are looking for 'funded drivers'...

WE have a good team. We run the Roebling and Sebring races. One or two cars.
    Organ Donors/Protech Racing
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 05-23-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Looks like ChumpCar has already "jumped the shark" if teams are looking for 'funded drivers'...
    I've been sorta thinking this was starting to happen with these groups. Whaddya think - 2 more years of naive "bliss", or less than that?
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Quote Originally Posted by JIgou View Post
    Whaddya think - 2 more years of naive "bliss", or less than that?
    Already "done".

It's "established," people are doing this as their primary - if not sole - form of racing (even to the point of intentionally leaving other "established" forms of racing), and "teams" are getting serious about it, even trolling for paid drivers.

Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Already "done".

It's "established," people are doing this as their primary - if not sole - form of racing (even to the point of intentionally leaving other "established" forms of racing), and "teams" are getting serious about it, even trolling for paid drivers.

Toast.
    JUST heard of a team that changes their "theme" after winning so the organizers don't give them more penalty laps at the next event.

I upgrade my question to agree with your analysis. Done.

I've also noticed that the "we got kicked out because we were too fast" stories that were cropping up the last couple of years have gone away....and I don't think it's because those drivers OR that prep level has gone away....
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

We are testing @ Sebring this weekend. The races are pretty serious. You need to make perfect (5 min plus the lap time) pit stops. Stay on the track, dont pass under yellow, run quick low pain laps.
    I have 7 paid drivers for Sebring 14hr race. The cost is $800 per. ( 2 cars)
    Sebring in the dark, maybe it will rain. oh baby.
    http://gallery.oracool.net/v/album82...ring3.jpg.html
    Most of the last year whiners were racing cheated up SMs, milled heads, big cams etc. The Miata is supposed to be stock, stock is stock.
    John has done a good job with the penalty laps, RE cheater cars or cars just over the 500$ mark. Many of the races have had the top 5 cars in the same 10 laps, or less, after 7 hr s. Most of the time the top three are in the same 2 laps. Matching pit stops.
    It has been a great time so far. We have found a nice bunch of good drivers and all have a good time. We usually run around the top 4.2nd is our best so far.
    Some speed improvements have been made to the Golf , it is designed for Roebling Road.
    CCWS has lots of track time for the cash., 900$+- gets your team 14 or more hours on a race track. I figure the running cost around $250 per hour. I treat it just like a regular endurance rental . Full race prep, every time it runs.
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    We are testing @ Sebring this weekend. The races are pretty serious.
    "Toast."

Is it "toast" because we want to win?

I would do these with my ITB car if I wasn't worried about it being crushed if the organizers felt like it and if I didn't have to worry about someone buying it for $500 bucks.... the cage alone in an IT car is easily over a grand. Dumb rules if you ask me.

Oh well
    Stephen

Chump is real racing, not the Circus that the citrus deal is. Chump does not crush cars, or claim cars. The cars are the same safety wise, or more, than the SCCA cars. The cages are unrestricted other than min tube size. The total cost of the cars is about the same as a cheap ITB car, 2-6000$.
    You will go home withthe car that you brought.
    The rules are here;http://www.chumpcar.com/ look at the events page and the info on any upcoming race. We run the ITB car in the EC class(no Money), just for fun. and we do have fun.
    There are many ex IT cars running the Chumpcar races.
    PS. I can still get the $250 referral bonus, If you are going to run, let me know and we can both get $250 off the next race.
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 05-25-2011 at 02:14 PM.

DON'T get Chumpcar confused with Lemons!! Big difference!
    I have talked to too many people that are totally pumped on the Chump car thing!!
    Kinda hard not to check it out.
    Everybody is super happy!
    No griping (nicest word I could find)!!
    Lots of laps per dollar!!
    Great Tracks!
    Why not!?!?
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is the car you had at Sebring:
    http://www.titaniummotorsports.com/i...da2011_103.jpg
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

Thanks for clarifying! I DID think this was the same as the lemons. Sadly these tracks are all a long way from NH. maybe next year we can go to beaverrun... this year it conflicts with my schedule. Lemons did come to NHMS but I skipped it for the reasons I stated earlier.

Looks like a fun group of people to race with,
    Stephen

Yes, that's our car. We were doing a carb check . The new carb ran fine in testing, and useless at Sebring. Back to the tried and true Weber.
    Thanks for the pic tho. Still it ran about 2:55 or so, with no cornering power,on DOT TW 200 tires.
    MM