Thread: Helmet expirations a thing of the past?

Default Helmet expirations a thing of the past?

not sure how many of you visit rrax.com but this thread is interesting;

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=34776

1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Cute.
    I guarantee that it would get past someone (at least once).
    cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

I worked in Tech this past Friday night at the Washington DC Region National at Summit Point and NO ONE tried this trick.

cheers
    dave parker

Now that's FUNNY!
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

with the rise of annual tech on your gear, you only need to "fool" someone once! not that I would ever consider doing that.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Hoop
    About ten years when I ran the Summit Point track store I had a very interesting situation happen. The event was the Summit Point SCCA National, this was back when the Summit National was the first Northeast Division National of the year and everyone was getting annual techs done (this was also before the Florida regions started doing the January Nationals). I had a guy come into the track store to buy a helmet. He was really grumpy and hard to deal with because Tech had confiscated his helmet because it was an "M" rated helmet. He was upset because he had used that helmet for thirteen SCCA National events the previous year including the Run Offs. After talking to him for a little while I figured out what transpired and tried to explain it to him. He had purchased a helmet the previous year from a supplier near him. He brought the helmet to SCCA Tech and they did not notice (or maybe they didn't care) that it was an M rated helmet and put the annual gear tech sticker on it. Every event that he went to for the rest of the year Tech only looked at the current annual gear tech sticker on the helmet, including Tech at the Run Offs. A true comedy of errors.

He did not care about the explanation of what had happened. He was a rude pain in the ass to deal with, but he bought a helmet so that he could run the event. He even had the gall to ask me to give him a discount after cussing me out for something I had nothing to do with. Needless to say he paid full price.

I know that people make mistakes, that is part of life. However, being a dick to someone for a mistake made by someone else will get you no where.

cheers
    dave parker

Hoop

with the rise of annual tech on your gear, you only need to "fool" someone once! not that I would ever consider doing that.
    There are some regions in NEDiv which add a provision to their supps which require a driver's helmet to be brought to Tech as part of the event inspection. This process makes is considerably more difficult to spoof the system

Terry