Thread: Cmp

Default Cmp

Who is running the Double SARRC at CMP next weekend???
    "BACK IN BLACK"
    1987 BMW325is
    #66 ITS
    Atlanta Region SCCA

I will. It will be my first Double SARRC, Double CCPS weekend.

Just saturday SARRC and CCPS for me. Gotta take 20 customers to the coca-cola 600
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

If the Pintos body work is back together I'll be there. It'll be ugly, but it'll be there.

Russ
    Russ

I'm trying to put together plans to come up and hang out / work tech. if anyone needs a hand, I'm the tall one with dark hair in the "trackspeed motorsports" shirt.

I am in. S is me, Harold Corbin (new RX7 for Hal!), Steve E., Chuck Hines, Kent Thompson and MIke Lacombe. I know both Parrishes are coming so that is 8, and then Mark and Chris makes 10.

If we get any other regulars/semi-regulars like Jeff M., Jay Miller, Mike Mackaman, etc. we should get to 15 cars.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Anybody doing the test day Friday? I will be there after lunch for a few sessions, figured new car and new track, rather shake it down on Friday than during first session out!
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

My engine is STILL IN THE MACHINE SHOP!!!

With any luck I will get it back Friday and should be ready for next weekend!
    "BACK IN BLACK"
    1987 BMW325is
    #66 ITS
    Atlanta Region SCCA

I am registered but it is not looking good for me at this point. The new motor has a few issues that I need to sort out. So I am probably out til July Road Atlanta.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Man I am sorry to hear that. What's up with the motor?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff,
    Not sure yet, but It won't idle and the timing is way off. I have been on the road pretty consistently for the last few weeks (one disaster after another) and when I did get some time off, I put in three solid days get everything back in the car. But when it wouldn't run, quite frankly, I was so tired of it all I took a few days off.

I'll go and deal with it this weekend and see what I can figure out.

Oh and the oil pan bolts all leak like a sieve on the passenger side. I mean like a puddle of oil under the car everytime that you turn it over. I have a crank scraper on it and I think the oil is loading up on the underside of the scrapper, migrating to the pan wall and pouring out through the bolts. I am going to see if I can find some o-rings to put on the bolts and see if that helps.

It's a "time" deal. I have one weekend to get everything done, and I doubt it is going to happen. I would still need to corner weigh it and check my alignment. Then there is prepping the truck and trailer. ugh.

Believe me, no one is more pissed than I am. I won't be going back to this engine builder. Pretty much killed off half of my season.
    Tristan Smith

Really sorry to hear that.

We had problems with the Ishiwara-Johnson crank scrapers too. Spent a lot of time hacking on them to make them fit, and then the added complexity of TWO seals on the oil pan (one below and one above the scraper) was a pain.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hmmm, Interesting because I had no such issue with the one on the 240sx. It does appear that it is just leaking out around the bolts. Assuming that is the case, it should be a relatively straight forward fix.

But then again, they always appear that way......
    Tristan Smith

I think with their less popular designs, they still have some work to do. Good folks though. Always responsive.

11 S cars signed up.....and it is a FAST field. Steve P., Steve E., Chuck, Kent Thompson, Hal Corbin, me, others.....should be a barn burner.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8