Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: June 2011 Fastrack

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Josh,

very interesting comment!

so one could take the modification section and basically argue that the wheel section is the maximum modification allowed....
    One could argue that. One would most likely amuse the SOMs reading that justification. I think the problem is the failure to recognize that the rules are of two types -
    A. Those establishing the maximum legal modification to a component
    -and-
    B. Those listing the mandatory modifications to a component.

Requirement to run a maximum wheel size is a commandment. You can run any wheel/tire you want as long as it meets the limits 7.a

Note the difference:
    Any wheel/tire combination may be used within the following limitations: <size limits based on class>
    versus
    Stock wheel/tire or an alternate may be used subject to the following limitations: <size limits based on class>

What JJJ said. It *should* be the case that a stock wheel is allowed, but the way the rules have been to this point, that's not the case if the stock wheel is wider than the mandated maximum.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Ditto. I clearly remember at least one of those conversations. We should never PROHIBIT someone from using a stock part. All rules *must* be in terms of "allowances" - what folks can do - consistent with IIDSYCYC.

K
    I brought this issue up when the NB was initially classed in IT, that it was not allowed to run stock parts. IIRC, the general response was "yeah, so what?".

Quote Originally Posted by tnord
    lighter&smaller wheels = larger&heavier tires
    LOL! The gospel according to Travis.

From TireRack

Hoosier R6

225/45/13 16# 20.9" diameter
    225/45/15 19# 22.9" diameter

I hate it when facts get in the way!

So SCCA sends me emails confirming the Volvo 240 letters 3282 & 3623 will be answered in the June Fastrack, but no dice. Any insight on this?
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

I am pretty sure we did vote and made our recommendation on the 240, but not the 142.

I'll have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by rsportvolvo View Post
    So SCCA sends me emails confirming the Volvo 240 letters 3282 & 3623 will be answered in the June Fastrack, but no dice. Any insight on this?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yes, the ITAC made a recommendation to the CRB at the last meeting, but things got a little hung up at the next point. Weird that you got a notification that would be published though. I'm sure this will get straightened out at the May meeting.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

The CRB voted to follow the ITAC’s recommendation but after the meeting found a conflict in the technical specs that needed to be rectified before the spec line could be written. The notice was auto generated when the CRB moved the item forward as approved. Once it was pulled back to fix it the notice was already generated.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

It's reassuring that technical inconsistencies will get caught by the current system.

K